Thinking of switching to the NBN? The first step in the process is deciding on an NBN provider.
With so many plans currently on the market, choosing the contract that suits you can be a real challenge. You’ll need to consider data allowance and cost, as well as customer service and speed.
To make things a little easier for you, we’ve read through our users’ feedback and put together this list of the top three NBN providers in Canberra.
What Makes a Reliable NBN Provider?
Most of us use the internet on a daily basis – a poor connection can be frustrating, and may even result in lost productivity.
When switching to the NBN, you’ll want the very best NBN provider. And, what makes a reliable NBN provider? Here’s what we think.
- A reliable connection. Dropouts are seriously annoying, and can make it impossible to stream movies and play online games. What’s more, internet that slows down dramatically during peak times can be a nightmare.
- High speeds. The NBN should deliver faster speeds than your current ADSL internet.
- Generous data allowances. If your household has multiple Wi-Fi connected devices, and your family tends to stream a fair amount of online content, you will need a generous data allowance.
- A competitive rate. The best NBN providers offer great service at a competitive rate.
- Excellent customer service. Let’s face it, Wi-Fi doesn’t always perform as it should. If you run into a technical hiccup, you want a service provider with excellent customer service.
- A painless transition processes. When switching to the NBN, you’ll probably need a technician to come to your house. They should show up on time, and get your home connected fast.
The Top 3 NBN Providers in Canberra
We’ve read through your comments and experiences. Here are your picks for the best NBN providers in Canberra.
Skymesh is a reliable internet provider with a fantastic NBN offering. All setup is completely free, and customers are welcome to change their plans as many times as they want.
What’s more, Netflix use is unmetered, meaning you and your family can stream all of your favourite TV shows and movies without restraint. They offer plan matching too, so you can rest easy you’re getting the best deal on the market.
One of our commenters, DMZ, currently uses Skymesh for their NBN connection. “12m 500g plan for $50, price matched from somewhere,” they wrote. “Excellent experience and works great for NetFlix (HD,not 4k).”
Exetel is another great option for NBN services in Canberra. Incredibly, Exetel was rated the number one internet service provider for video streaming.
With a range of data allowances and price points available, you’re sure to find a contract that suits your household’s unique requirements.
Commenter arescarti42 has had a great experience with Exetel. “I’ve been happy with Exetel for the last couple of years on NBN,” they wrote. “their service has been fine and they’re significantly cheaper than most other providers.”
TPG is one of the most popular NBN providers in Australia. With a reliable service, fast speeds, and fair customer service, TPG is a good option.
One commenter, Blamemonkey, had this to say. “I would recommend TPG, best dollar for dollar value out of the larger ISP”
Do keep in mind that iiNet – another common NBN provider – is owned by TPG. Many customers believe that although TPG is cheaper than iiNet, both offer roughly the same service. The key difference is iiNet’s superior customer care.
“I’m an iiNet customer and haven’t noticed any slowdowns. TPG owns iiNet so I’d expect performance to be similar in the future,” wrote reader Bolbi.
Which NBN Provider Do You Use?
Let us know which NBN provider you use in the comments below. Has the experience been positive or negative?