Hoping to purchase a house? Ready to secure the property of your dreams? To make these aspirations a reality, you’ll need to shop around for the ideal home loan.
Home loans come in all shapes and sizes. The one that is best for you depends on critical factors, such as your employment status, budget, the property you want to buy, and the size of the deposit you’ve saved.
Finding and security that perfect loan can be challenging. That’s why many Aussies choose to work with a mortgage broker. Mortgage brokers help navigate the home loan process so you can rest easy knowing you’re getting the best deal available in the market.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a mortgage broker and share where to find the best in the Braidwood area.
What makes a great mortgage broker?
Choosing the right mortgage broker can help fast-track finding the right mortgage. It can also take the stress out of what can be an emotionally draining experience. Great mortgage brokers help you work through the complicated mortgage maze.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a mortgage broker in the Braidwood area.
- Qualified and licensed. Choose a mortgage brokers who has the right credentials. Check that they’re qualified and licensed. Also check if they hold an Australian Credit License or Credit Representative status, as required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. You’ll find a lot of this information online.
- Range of products. A quality broker has access to and can compare an excellent range of lenders and products. This means they can compare different mortgages and source the best one for your needs.
- Availability. The last thing you need when sourcing a mortgage, is a broker who is too busy to take your calls. Ask your mortgage broker how busy they are. Also ask how quickly they will return your calls and emails.
- Fees and commissions. Some mortgage brokers charge for their services, but others offer services free of charge. This is because mortgage brokers get a commission from lenders. Talk to your mortgage broker about fees, commissions and any other charges, so you’re not caught off guard.
- Industry affiliation. The most reputable brokers are affiliated with reputable, leading industry bodies. Membership indicates they follow ethical practices and adhere to strict codes of conduct. Check for memberships with associations like the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia.
The best mortgage brokers in Braidwood
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Mortgageport is a non-bank lender, mortgage manager and mortgage broker offering clients custom-designed loans to suit individual needs. This home loan lender provides an alternative to the Big 4 Banks. Mortgageport offers tailored products—no off-the-shelf mortgage or loans.
Jarryd Addo wrote on Google, “Great service by the Mortgageport team. Dealt with Chris and he was fantastic all the way through the process. Took the time to explain things and make the process easy. Highly recommend …”
For over 25 years, Mortgage Choice has assisted Australians with home loans and investment loans. Offering trusted advice and expertise, Matthew Hayes and his team in Manuka, ACT, support Braidwood and area clients to uncover the perfect loan product from dozens of options. They offer attentive client service and expert advice.
On Google, Tony Sutton wrote: “Thank you so much for helping me purchase our home! Selling and buying sounded stressful but you made it easy!”
Award-winning MO’R Mortgage Options specialises in supporting clients with the right loan, at the right price and at the right time. The team of mortgage brokers supports first-home buyers, those wanting to upgrade or refinance, and property investors.
Ray Quinn wrote on Google, “We went in with a limited understanding of the buying process and were slightly apprehensive in terms of whether we had the capacity to purchase a property and service a loan … Daniel’s ongoing advice gave us clarity …”
The professional, experienced mortgage brokers at Clarity Home Loans support clients to find, apply for and secure a loan, with the minimum fuss. That includes first-time buyers, those moving to another home, investors and retirees.
Laura Whiting wrote on Google, “Before we were even ready to start properly looking to buy, we were able to sit down and go through the whole process with our broker, how every step of the process worked, and how much we could comfortably borrow. This gave us great confidence …”
With fast, free and friendly advice, Grapevine Mortgages has been servicing clients looking for a quality loan since 2005. Owner Simon Visser has been a fully qualified and licensed mortgage broker since 2003, and is friendly, personable, punctual and reliable.
On Google, Jaymee Millard wrote, “As first home buyers Simon greatly assisted us to understand our options and the entire process to purchase a home … Simon was highly responsive and helped us secure a very competitive rate.”
If you’re looking for more advice on your mortgage, our article on the best home loan providers in Canberra may be helpful for you.
If you’re looking for more information on financial support, you might like our articles on the best financial planners, best tax accountants, and the best conveyancing lawyers that Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with mortgage brokers in Braidwood
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the mortgage brokers listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.