Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Ask RiotACT

Quality childcare in a
welcoming & supportive environment

Chronic Fatigue

By hopeful 29 April 2014 2

My daughter has suspected chronic fatigue at 19. She is in second year uni and everything is a struggle.

I am asking if anyone knows of a GP or specialist who had dealt with CFS and if there is any (useful) advice you might have for dealing with and getting over CFS?

What’s Your opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
2 Responses to
Chronic Fatigue
Showing only Website comments
Newest to Oldest
Oldest to Newest
Mysteryman 2:39 pm 30 Apr 14

Dr Jane Taylor. She used to be at Oasis Medical Centre, but may be at Gordon Family Practice now.

She is very good with the diagnosis and treatment of immune system disorders. I can recommend her from experience with CFS. Good luck!

saraj 8:56 pm 29 Apr 14

You could contact the ME/CFS (Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME) / Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) and Fibromyalgia Syndrome (FMS)) ACT Support Group for more information on local services

My sister has suffered for 19 years (also from her 2nd year of Uni) and I know where you are at. My best advise is, find what helps your daughter cope on a daily/hourly basis. Dont listen to the 1000’s of different pieces of advise people who dont have CFS, or care for someone who has CFS, will give.

Also, remember to ask for help for yourself if you need it. My parents look after my sister 24/7 but still need respite for themselves on a regular basis.

Best of luck and please get in touch with me if you want to discuss anything further.


CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved. | | |

Search across the site