Summer has arrived in Canberra, which means this week’s Ken Behrens Quiz is all about cricket, ice-cream and music, plus a few other things such as current affairs, ACT trivia and Miley Cyrus.
Make it a household challenge, or take it on as a team – warning, this has now been updated with answers down the bottom. Don’t sneak a peek before you finish!
- What does the ACT have more of, traffic lights or roundabouts?
- Who won the 2021 men’s Ballon d’Or award in football?
- Volatility is the tendency of a substance to do what?
- Which of these cities has the highest cost of living in the world: Tel Aviv, Paris or Melbourne?
- Monday, 13 December, is National Ice Cream Day – which of these is not a real Gelato Messina flavour: Sticky First Date, Drop it Like White Choc, or Bubble Bath?
- Which famous Canberra DJ duo began their career performing at their aunt Samantha’s Chinese restaurant, Sammy’s Kitchen?
- Which iconic pop artist’s studio was known as The Factory?
- TV character Bob Terwilliger is better known by what stage name?
- Miley Cyrus has a tattoo of what famous Australian thing?
- In bingo, what number is associated with the nickname ‘Two Fat Ladies’?
- Which awards ceremony was first held in March 1981 to honour the worst achievements in the cinematic industry?
- In which suburb will you find The Durham Castle Arms, Caribou and Queenies?
- Stanley Yelnats was the name of the main character in which novel and film?
- Which is longer: a Canberra light rail vehicle or the longest blue whale ever measured?
- Where in your body would you find your metacarpals?
- What is the longest continuous railway line in the world?
- Jessica Cottis is the chief conductor of which orchestra?
- Samantha Kerr scored two goals and was named player of the match in which football tournament final this week?
- The Big Bash League is back in Canberra this summer. Which two teams played at Manuka Oval on Monday night?
- Which Canberra band is named after the Arabic word for ‘serenity’?
2. Lionel Messi
4. Tel Aviv
5. Bubble Bath
6. Peking Duk
7. Andy Warhol
8. Sideshow Bob
9. Jar of Vegemite
11. Golden Raspberry Awards (Razzies)
14. Longest blue whale ever measured
16. Trans-Siberian Railway in Russia
17. Canberra Symphony Orchestra
18. Women’s FA Cup
19. Sydney Thunder and Brisbane Heat