Firefighters rescued an unconscious person from a smoke-filled Belconnen unit on Tuesday evening (19 February).
Around 5:30 pm, ACT Fire & Rescue arrived at a unit in Howie Court, Belconnen to find a fire, which was believed to be caused by burnt food, had already extinguished.
ACT Ambulance Service paramedics treated the patient on scene and transported them to Calvary Hospital in a stable condition.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
An ACT Fire & Rescue spokesperson said it was a reminder for the community to not stop looking while you’re cooking.