23 November 2012

GP with Veterans Affairs Experience

| Purgatroyd
Join the conversation

Hi – I am looking for a GP in the south-side /Tuggeranong area with experience in dealing with Veterans Affairs.

My first GP had no experience and I had significant difficulties in getting my claims processed.

I now need to make another claim and don’t want a repeat of my earlier problem.

Join the conversation

All Comments
  • All Comments
  • Website Comments

If you need a no-nonsense GP who knows the system very well and is extremely efficient, then Dr James Turton is your man down at Waramanga Medical Centre. He will call a spade a spade (some people love this, others don’t) but certainly knows the ins and outs of the system. He is honest and frank and will tell you how he sees it.

Thanks Guys – I have an ongoing claim, lodged through an advocate in the Vietnam Vets, but I need to get further assessments from a GP. Hence, I need a GP with experience in working with the DVA, and that knows the DVA system. Vets Affairs staff will not /can not give out names of Doctors with suitable experience, neither could the Vietnam Vets staff. The only ‘advice’ was to talk to your own GP – not good advice if your GP has no understanding or experience of the DVA system. Talk about ‘catch-22’!

TheDancingDjinn7:02 pm 23 Nov 12

Pork Hunt said :

Dr Ross Bills on Qbn may be helpful.

Dr Bills is the bomb-diggity. He takes care of my mum and her old man.

Dr Ross Bills on Qbn may be helpful.

Purgatroyd, I know it’s the obvious question, but have you hit up the local RSL for assistance?

Also, what part of the claim is causing difficulty? Initial acceptance, or ongoing treatment?

Daily Digest

Want the best Canberra news delivered daily? Every day we package the most popular Riotact stories and send them straight to your inbox. Sign-up now for trusted local news that will never be behind a paywall.

By submitting your email address you are agreeing to Region Group's terms and conditions and privacy policy.