The Greens’ Meredith Hunter has announced the Greens $41 million budget proposals which the government can probably ignore because who really thinks the Greens are going to side with the Liberals on anything now?
“While many are prospering in Canberra at the moment it’s important to recognise that life is still hard for many families who need real services to help them put a roof over their head and pay the bills.
“There are also pressures on families in terms of transport costs with high fuel prices, particularly for Belconnen and Tuggeranong residents. The Greens are calling on the Government to replicate the successful Red Rapid service for the North and South of Canberra.”
The Greens have called for the 2011-12 ACT Budget to include:
· $12.695m Boost to Mental Health funding
· $10m increase in Public Housing
· $2m for Rapid Red bus routes in Belconnen and Tuggeranong
· $2.5m Community Legal Centre hub & homeless legal service
· $2m increase in energy efficiency in Public Housing
· $1.1m Sustainable Development Incentives package
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
(There’s a detailed list of proposals if you follow the link)