Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Avani Terraces - Greenway
Life is looking up

Hector was a busy boy!

By Crikey - 30 January 2008 9

 HEALTH officials are trying to contact 250 people who may have been exposed to HIV by a sex worker.

Hector Scott, 41, of Kingston appeared in ACT Magistrates Court earlier this month charged with knowingly infecting someone with a sexually transmitted disease and failing to register as a sex worker.

At the time, the details of the disease were not known.

ACT Chief Health Officer Charles Guest said today Mr Scott had Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV).

“It is a very unusual step to take to mention the diagnosis of this kind in the interest of privacy but we will be calling people this afternoon and discussing this diagnosis with them so we know that it will be in the public domain today so therefore I’ll share that with you,” Dr Guest said at a press conference.

(Ed. Ozchick noted that we’ve covered a bit of this before here on RiotACT. The age have a bit on the story here )

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with
9 Responses to
Hector was a busy boy!
jakez 3:58 pm 15 Sep 08

Sorry to double post but I just read the old RiotACT thread and a story link. The knowingly infecting charge carries a maximum of six months jail and a $5k fine, while the failing to register charge carrries a maximum of 12 months jail and a $10k fine.

So apparently failing to follow Government red tape is a far worse crime than inflicting harm on another. Christ.

jakez 3:56 pm 15 Sep 08

p1 said :

According to the ABC Hector got two months and 14 days in jail.

Apparently 43 have admitted to having sexual relations. If all were infected, that’s just under 2 days gaol time per person Highly unlikely though.

At times I find our legal systems concept of justice quite odd.

Incidentally, from the photo in the ABC story he kind of looks like Paul Osbourne.

p1 3:26 pm 15 Sep 08

According to the ABC Hector got two months and 14 days in jail.

Skidbladnir 3:24 pm 04 Feb 08

Apparently they;ve now made all the calls, so if you didn’t get the ACT Health call you need not worry.

Stung 10:42 am 01 Feb 08

guess all you blokes better get tested then..

Holden Caulfield 9:05 am 01 Feb 08

Poor bugger (haha, no pun inteneded) has now had his face plastered all over TV news as well.

I guess that had to happen under the circumstances, but he’s been named and shamed very quickly.

scumdorg 4:35 pm 31 Jan 08

With a given name like Hector it’s little wonder he advertised himself as Adam and Josh.

Mr Evil 10:30 am 31 Jan 08

He also spent time across the Tasman over Christmas, so the are warning people over there too.

Ari 8:59 pm 30 Jan 08

Not that I’m insensitive … well yes I suppose I am.

There are some great prank calling opportunities here.

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site