Ok no, sadly our society doesn’t work like that. Being a good citizen is not rewarded, being a bad citizen is punished.
So let’s point at and boo bad parking.
Take that bag parkers, way to be bad citizens!
Seen some bad parking? Snap a shot and send it to us at email@example.com, and make sure to tell us how you would like to be credited!
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
1. Evan starts us out strong with this brilliant find. Thankfully nobody made him delete this photo:
2. Bev & Wayne spotted this welcoming van:
3. An anonymous Rioter hit up Holt for this contribution:
From the Parkview apartments in Holt. You should just be able to see that the purple Commodore is parked over two spots (it’s hard to make out for the sunshine but his back right wheel is level with the line if you follow it into the shade). This had a domino effect along the next few spots to a disabled spot at the end. Well done Purple.
4. Bubzie was hunting around the Macca’s car park and caught this:
How anyone could fit where the green car was, amazes me.
5. Peitab was keeping an eye on the rest of the world when she spotted this:
Here’s one I spotted outside my place in Bruce (which is a goldmine of bad parking btw). I’m particularly impressed that despite the numerous empty spots and the size of the car, it’s apparently still difficult to park. Apologies for the flyscreen in the picture!
6. Rioter c_c found lunch enough for all of us:
Judging by the condensation, it’s been here a while, certainly a few hours since I first got here. Owner should expect soggy sandwiches.
7. P1 sent us a beautiful panorama shot which I quickly cropped down (sorry, but site layout and all that):
Directly opposite an intersection, and on the wrong side of the road.
8. David has given us a photo AND a story:
Taken sitting at Brew Bar in Tuggeranong. The White Swift is parked squarely over the yellow lines between 2 disabled spots. This wasn’t a case of being lazy as the driver walked around to Brew Bar to get coffee. The vacant spot in front of the shop would have been most suitable.
In the meantime, the white SUV turns up and parks all 3 cars in the disabled spots in. Part of the 106.3 crew that were there at the time.
The best part is that when Miss Not Disabled returns to her illegally parked car, she cracks it and has a go at the SUV driver for parking her in.
Coffee and a show…..
9. Rioter Very Busy gave us this gem:
This one was taken on Friday April 12. It’s very symbolic of a large number of drivers seen around the Grammar schools.
10. Sophie found this enthusiastic park:
Taken across the road between the bus interchange and hellenic club woden. Not too sure what happened there, but the driver clearly have not seen the space “bump” between the car parking space.
11. After being robbed of its rightful place on the 100 things to like in Canberra list, Charnwood Shops is featuring in Troy’s parking photo:
I snapped this awesome effort at Charny Shops last week. I’m not sure if this car had a disabled sticker or not and I wasn’t going to check for fear of getting abused by one of the natives.
12. Tim would like to go on a stickering campaign, starting with this car:
Here’s my submission for your parking blues thread. Snapped this Saturday morning when going to breakfast at Griffith shops. The car was also quite some distance from the curb.
Perhaps RA can do a bulk order of those hard to remove “this car is illegally parked” stickers? I know I would buy a few.
13. Rick has taken his bad parking hunt to the next level:
Bad parking in Canberra can even be found on Google Earth. Quite amusing – Perhaps the driver of this car needs reversing sensors 🙂