Hungry? Want food quick? Then you need a reliable food delivery service in Canberra with a great range of partner restaurants, cafes, and fast-food outlets.
We know how frustrating it can be when you order food and it shows up an hour late, cold, and squashed. To prevent this from happening, we’ve come up with a list of the best food delivery services in Canberra. We’ve asked the locals, and we’ve scoured the web – the results are now in.
Ready to get started? Excellent. Let’s go.
What makes a reliable food delivery service?
Not sure what exactly you are looking for in a quality delivery service? No worries. To start, keep a look out for the following features:
- Prompt delivery. If you want your food delivered to your doorstep as soon as possible, then you want a delivery service that’s fast and reliable. They need to be ready and willing to show up on time.
- Reasonable delivery fees. You shouldn’t overpay for delivery. Look for a service with delivery fees that are comparable with other service providers. It shouldn’t cost more than $5 to $10.
- Wide range of partner restaurants. One night you might be craving Indian food. The next, you want a cheeseburger. The best food delivery services in Canberra have it all.
- Food shows up hot and in-tact. This point is crucial. Your food should show up hot and ready to eat.
- Friendly delivery staff. No one wants to deal with nasty delivery staff – this can put a serious dampener on your meal.
The top food delivery services in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Want dinner in the next hour? Give one of the following top food delivery services in Canberra a try.
Most of us have used Uber before – the convenient taxi-replacement service that gets you from point A to point B quickly and cheaply. Well, did you know that Uber also offers a food delivery service?
Using your Uber account, you can order from hundreds of restaurants via an app on your smartphone or your computer browser. Plus, you’ll be able to GPS track your order when it’s hit the road, which, while maybe a little unnecessary, sure is fun.
Here in Canberra, you can order just about any cuisine from Uber Eats, from Indian, Vietnamese, Middle Eastern, and Japanese to fast-food favourites like the Chicken Shop, McDonalds, and Grill’d.
With 45 partner restaurants in Canberra’s city centre – ranging from Italian, American-style burgers, and fish and chips, to Chinese, Mexican, and more – Deliveroo is another reliable food delivery service.
With Deliveroo, your food may arrive via bike. This is particularly handy if you’re located in a high-traffic area.
What sets Menulog apart from competing food delivery services in Canberra is the rating and review system. This can give you valuable insight into, not only how the food will taste, but whether or not it’ll show up hot, cold, ready-to-eat, or totally dismantled.
What’s more, many restaurants listed on Menulog offer discounts for your first order, some even as high as 20 per cent off!
Which food delivery service do you use?
Thanks to our commentators who have provided insightful feedback on the best and worst Canberra food delivery services.
If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Which food delivery service in Canberra is your favourite? Share your experiences in the comments area below.