More ACT stay at home orders issued as regional NSW exposure sites grow

Dominic Giannini 21 July 2021
Rachel Stephen-Smith

Health Minister Rachel Stephen-Smith. Photo: Dominic Giannini.

ACT and regional NSW residents have been warned not to be complacent about the COVID-19 Delta variant as numerous new exposure locations come to light.

New exposure sites have been listed in regional centres like Goulburn and Orange after a delivery driver made four trips to the area while potentially infectious.

Deputy Premier John Barilaro said the new developments should serve as a reminder that people in regional and rural NSW “are not somehow not going to be impacted by the current Delta strain”.


READ MORE: Regional NSW on high alert after COVID-19 cases in Goulburn, Riverina and Central West


ACT Health has responded by bringing in new stay at home orders for anyone who arrives in the ACT from the Orange City Council, Blayney Shire Council or Cabonne Shire Council local government areas after 11:59 pm tonight.

The new orders will be in place until at least 11:59 pm on Tuesday 27 July, which is in line with the seven-day lockdown of the area announced by the NSW Government last night for anyone who had been to the LGAs since 17 July.

Non-residents cannot travel to the ACT without an approved exemption. Exemptions will only be granted for extraordinary circumstances and, if one is granted, people who gain an exemption will still need to abide by the stay at home orders once in the ACT.

Returned ACT residents must fill out an online declaration form within 24-hours of the new orders coming into place.

Anyone in the ACT who has been in the identified LGAs on or after 14 July 2021 is also required to fill out an online declaration form.


READ MORE: Stay at home requirements extended


The Shell service station under the Big Merino in Goulburn is an exposure site for the second time in less than two months.

Anyone who visited the Coles Express at 1/3 Sowerby Street on Friday 16 July between 11:50 am and midday is considered a close contact and must immediately isolate, get tested and remain in isolation regardless of their test result.

They must also contact ACT Health on 5124 6500. Further exposure sites are available at NSW Health.

The service station has been deep cleaned and two service station staff are being considered casual contacts, Southern NSW Local Health District said.

Canberrans have again been warned to avoid travelling interstate if possible due to the rapidly evolving situations in NSW, Victoria, South Australia and Queensland.

“All Canberrans should minimise interstate travel at this time and be prepared to reconsider their plans at short notice,” an ACT Health spokesperson said.

“The situation in regional NSW is changing quickly. With cases and exposure locations now occurring in regional locations outside Greater Sydney, restrictions could be implemented for other regions at short notice.

“Canberrans should not be travelling to any areas subject to quarantine or stay at home requirements.”

For further information on the stay-at-home requirements and to fill out the online declaration form, visit www.covid19.act.gov.au.


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

 Top
Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site