Skip to content Skip to main navigation

Police Wrap

Skilled legal advice with
accessible & personal attention

Police investigating death of Gungahlin man in “horrific attack”

Glynis Quinlan 12 March 2019

Police carrying out investigations at the cordoned-off crime scene in Gungahlin today. Photos: Glynis Quinlan.

Police are investigating the suspicious death of a 56-year-old man in a “horrific attack” which occurred in the man’s home in the early hours of this morning (March 11) in Gungahlin.

At about 2 am police were called to a residence in Gungahlin following reports of an altercation and located the 56–year–old man who had suffered critical injuries.

Police conducted CPR on the man but he died at the scene.

Detective Superintendent Scott Moller said that a 30-year-old man is currently assisting police with enquiries.

“It’s a horrific attack. A male’s died during the incident. It’s something that ACT Policing take very seriously and put all our resources into.”

The cordoned-off crime scene at the intersection of Wizard Street and Hall Best Lane in Gungahlin.

He said the death was not caused by a shooting and was unable to say whether it was a stabbing.

“The cause of death is still not determined and won’t be determined until post mortem,” Detective Superintendent Moller said.

Detective Superintendent Scott Moller (right) at the crime scene.

He said that the man suffered “significant critical injuries” and “significant blood loss”.

Police set up a crime scene this morning, cordoning off an area around the intersection of Hall Best Lane and Wizard Street in Gungahlin.

A police officer carrying out investigations at the crime scene.

Detective Superintendent Moller said there are multiple crime scenes being investigated by ACT Policing’s Criminal Investigations team.

“We’ve got a residence here in Gungahlin that we’re looking at, we’ve also got some areas of the street, we had a motor vehicle and as I said some areas of the street,” he said.

“We’re looking at any evidence we can find in relation to the incident.

“We’re talking to residents that may have been in the area who may have seen or witnessed something.”

Multiple crime scenes are being investigated.

As of midday today (March 11), Detective Superintendent Moller said that no one had been notified of the man’s death.

Police investigating death of Gungahlin man

Police are investigating the suspicious death of a 56-year-old man in a “horrific attack” which occurred in the man’s home in the early hours of this morning (March 11) in Gungahlin.Read the full story here – http://ow.ly/T3ZC30nZBZD

Posted by Breaking247 on Sunday, 10 March 2019

Police are urging anyone who may have any CCTV or information that could assist police to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Information can be provided anonymously but please quote reference 6372686.


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2019 Region Group Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
the-riotact.com | aboutregional.com.au | b2bmagazine.com.au | thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site