A significant amount of stolen property, firearms, drugs and cash have been recovered as part of an ongoing ACT Policing investigation.
On Friday (16 July), officers from Criminal Investigations, Territory Targeting Team and General Duties executed search warrants at residences in Bonner and Gowrie and at a storage facility in Mitchell.
- a sawn-off 12 gauge double-barrel shotgun
- a sawn-off .22 calibre rifle and a suppressor
- a homemade shotgun
- a taser
- a ballistic vest
- a stick of biogel explosive.
- approximately $30,000 worth of drugs, including methamphetamine, cocaine and cannabis
- approximately $20,000 worth of stolen tools, and
- $3000 in cash.
The tools were returned to the tradespeople who owned them as the majority had the mobile numbers of the owners engraved on them.
Charges have yet to be laid in relation to these items; however, enquiries are continuing and police have spoken to the people associated with these locations.
Anyone with information that can assist police about illegal firearms and drug supply in the ACT is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000, or via the Crime Stoppers ACT website. Information can be provided anonymously.