Responsible service of grog licence

ThatUniStudent 17 May 2011 12

I have been asked to help out at a uni grog fest social event where my task will be to serve beer in mass amounts responsibly. Apparently though I need a Responsible Service of assholes Alcohol Licence.

I have tried Google, but that just gives me plenty of stuff on the laws, not where to do a licence course or how much it costs or where to get a certificate.

So, I’m sure a lot of Rioters know lots about this Al Key Hole stuff, and might even know where to get this licence from. Suggestions people?

(Ps, no I am not drunk, I just pulled an all nighter doing an assignment so I’ll just go to sleep now)

What's Your Opinion?

Please login to post your comments, or connect with
12 Responses to Responsible service of grog licence
BimboGeek BimboGeek 11:18 pm 17 May 11

The online courses. It’s quick, easy and cheap.

Ozi Ozi 9:38 pm 17 May 11

buzz819 said :

Whys that?

Bloody hell, Buzz. Poor form. Learn some alcohol laws already.

Thumper Thumper 7:44 pm 17 May 11
buzz819 buzz819 6:28 pm 17 May 11

Thumper said :

You won’t need an RSA if Rattenbury gets his way.

Whys that?

dvaey dvaey 4:54 pm 17 May 11

EvanJames said :

What do you learn? Do Not Give Drunk People More Alcohol Or They Will Become Drunker And This Is BAAAAAD.

I think its more the point that you require one to serve alcohol and if you stuff up they (liquor licensing) can take away your right to perform that task by cancelling your certificate. It also means if you get individually prosecuted (100 inspections and no fines?) that they can prove you should have known better since you passed a course on it.. also covers the licencee’s behind, because they can put blame for individual serving onto the RSA holder.

Clown Killer Clown Killer 12:24 pm 17 May 11

Jesus wept! it’s a world gone mad … these are university students FFS!

I recall (hazily) many a college bar night or footy club function – mixing up the drinks in carbage bins (bought for the purpose) … from recollection it was thirty litres of orange juice for every ten litres of vodka …

Overheard Overheard 12:12 pm 17 May 11

Lots of places offer RSA courses. If you’re out Gungahlin way, check out Mantra Training at the Marketplace.

Thumper Thumper 11:48 am 17 May 11

You won’t need an RSA if Rattenbury gets his way.

Moose Moose 10:46 am 17 May 11

The RSA (Responsible Serving of Alcohol) course is available through CIT Reid at a cost of $95.

They usually run in the evenings from 6pm to 10pm.

You sit, nod, get dismissed for a break, come back, sit, nod, take a test, and walk out. Your certificate should come 6 weeks after you’ve compelted the course.

Best to call CIT General Line: 6207 4441

Alternatively, you could pay me $95 to serve beer. Heck, pay me $50… Or just beer 🙂

EvanJames EvanJames 10:12 am 17 May 11

Ah, the RSA certification. A nice little earner for someone, like those interminable OH&S courses for anyone working with anything sharper than a tennis ball.

What do you learn? Do Not Give Drunk People More Alcohol Or They Will Become Drunker And This Is BAAAAAD.

I can see why you need to attend a special course to learn this. I’m still waiting for them to require barpersons to wear high vis vests.

Antagonist Antagonist 10:01 am 17 May 11

I got my RSA Certificate (and gaming certificate) through CIT Reid many years ago – before they were mandatory. There are independant groups running 1 day courses who advertise in the Canberra Times and similar. They are not expensive … but then again you are a uni student.

thatsnotme thatsnotme 9:51 am 17 May 11

CIT offers the course – you might have to give them a call to get the rest of the details, their info online seems pretty vague about when it’s run.

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site