Live music’s foothold in the community is growing stronger by the week as many venues around town return to regularly scheduled, in-person shows.
You can catch intimate performances throughout the week at Molly and the National Press Club as their regular jazz nights return from COVID-19 hiatuses.
If you’re after something with a little more teeth, book a table at The Basement in Belconnen to catch Friday night’s doubleheader KISS & ACDC tribute night. Covers gigs at The Basement are legendary, and this might be the perfect way to test the waters of a gig environment in the post-lockdown world.
There’s also plenty going on online as live-streamed performances continue in earnest. Canberra Theatre Centre, Live In Ya Lounge, and The Maneki Sessions all continue, providing a fertile bed of virtual performances to keep Canberra’s musicians and music lovers connected.
Where: Streaming online, hosted by Canberra Theatre Centre
When: 6:00 pm Friday
Live music is back at the Canberra Theatre Centre as part of the CTC At Home program. Expect to see and hear a vast array of performances from Canberra’s theatre-makers, poets, comedians, and musicians across the week. The pick of the bunch is the Friday evening set from Tasmanian-born singer-songwriter and caramel slice connoisseur Cathy Diver.
Where: Streaming online, hosted by Live In Ya Lounge
When: 7:30 pm Friday and Saturday
Another weekend of great, local live music is on the cards this week as five acts get ready to perform for Live In Ya Lounge. Muddy Wolf are planning to perform their debut EP Volume I in full before singer-songwriter Kim Yang and indie-folk quartet The Tipsy Scholars take to the stage later on Friday night. On Saturday, expect to hear sets from Sydney’s Hollie Col and ‘All My Love’ singer MAXO. As the name suggests, Live In Ya Lounge brings the gig to you with a live feed to the studio for audiences to enjoy from home.
- Acoustic Fridays @ Hotel Kurrajong – 4:00 pm
- Mitch Canas @ Magoos – 5:00 pm
- CTC At Home: Cathy Diver – 6:00 pm
- Sally Marrett Group @ National Press Club – 6:00 pm
- Live In Ya Lounge: Muddy Wolfe, Kim Yang + The Tipsy Scholars – 7:30 pm.
- Melbourne International Jazz Festival: These Digital Times – 10:30 am
- Isolaid – 12:00 pm
- Groovin’ at the Shed – 5:00 pm
- Live In Ya Lounge: Hollie Col + MAXO – 7:30 pm
- The Maneki Sessions: Tennessine – 8:00 pm
- KISS & ACDC Double Header @ The Basement – 8:00 pm.
- Jazz On The Rocks: Tilt Trio @ Molly – 6:00 pm.