The second man charged in relation to an alleged stabbing last year was denied bail when he appeared before the ACT Magistrates Court on Thursday (11 February).
Australian Federal Police said two men had been charged over the alleged stabbing in Gowrie on 1 October 2020, after which the 23-year-old victim fled to a nearby service station for help.
Earlier this month police said a 33-year-old Richardson man had been arrested in Bridgewater, Tasmania then extradited to the ACT and charged with attempted murder.
The second person to be arrested over the matter, Andrew James Francis Beath-Williams, 23, was taken into custody on Wednesday and charged with attempted murder and aggravated robbery.
On Thursday, ACT Chief Magistrate Lorraine Walker said Mr Beath-Williams, who appeared in court over audio-video link, would be held in custody until his next court appearance on 4 March.