We’re reviving the notices section on RiotACT.
Notices will be consolidated through the month and bumped back onto the front page every Saturday. Just use the contact form, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Things for sale, events, notifications, warnings, and personals. Knock yourselves out.
And so here they are:
Shorty55 would have you know:
- Gungahlin Markets are on this Saturday 26th Oct 9am – 2pm
Situated in the park between the 2 malls.
The New Yeah transmits:
MP3 player in Kaleen.
Please contact email@example.com with details such as the make of MP3 player and the location where you lost it.
Student to Industry implores:
- Career Start Expo
For Canberra’s Multicultural Youth
ACT Multicultural Youth Services is holding an careers information evening for Canberra’s Multicultural Youth.
It will be opened by John Hargreaves, ACT Minister for Multicultural Affairs and wil include:
- Information about career pathways and vocational options
- Stalls by education and training providers
- Talks include workplace discrimination, volunteering to further your career and the JPET progarm
- Emmanuel’s African Dance Group will be performing at 7:30pm
When: 4:00pm – 7:30pm, Friday 10th October
Where: Function Room, Theo Notaras Multicultural Centre
2nd Floor, North Building, 180 London Circuit, Canberra City
For more information log on to www.sip.net.au
Or contact Rebekha on 02 6247 1794
FREE – All Welcome
- Hey all,
I heard about a gig/band event known as Carrols or Carrels or something at uni. If anyone knows anything about it could you please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hope this post doesn’t piss anyone off though….
(Now there’ll be all these posts…”that was cryptic!”)
One RiotACT Editor, free to a good home.
Room wanted to rent, preferably Inner North with good internet.
30 something non-smoker, cooks a bit, has a huge surround sound system in storage if needed. Can brew beer on demand and get housemates invited to really interesting parties.
UPDATE: Found something, thanks!
- Socialist Alternative meets every Thursday at 6 pm in Room G 52 of the Haydon Allen Building ANU. The meeting on Thurs 11 September is an educational on Trade Unions.
Read Diane Fieldes ‘From exploitation to resistance and revolt: the working class’
Tom Bramble ‘Managers of discontent’
Visit www.sa.org.au or email canberra @sa.org.au
- I just wanted to send out good luck and best wishes to our paralympians, such as my pal, Richard Nicholson