Deputy Chief Minister Simon Corbell will address the North Canberra Community Council on Tuesday 19 May 2015.
Minister Corbell will discuss Canberra’s progress toward sustainability, including renewable energy policies, energy efficiency policies and the Capital Metro project.
The Community Council has asked the Deputy Chief Minister to respond to the following questions:
- How does the Government plan to meet its 2012 election commitment of a 10.5 per cent public transport journey-to-work mode share by 2016?
- How does the government plan to maintain the current level of public transport provision after the light rail?
- If the Government does not build light rail, how will it address traffic congestion between Gungahlin and Civic?
- What are the true costs of car travel in the ACT?
- What steps have you taken to check the accuracy of Capital Metro’s estimated benefit cost ratio of 1.2?
- How much of the $222 million in travel time savings is due to travel time savings to public transport?
- What are Capital Metro’s base case estimates of current daily bus patronage, and bus patronage in 2021 and 2031?
The full meeting agenda is available on the NCCC website.
When: Tuesday 19 May 2015
Time: 8.15pm to 9.15pm
Where: Majura Function Room, Majura Community Centre, 2 Rosevear Place Dickson.