Restrictions in the ACT are easing and Halloween is upon us.
If you’re not scared about how quickly the end of the year has come, perhaps trick or treaters might get your heart racing instead.
To prepare you, here is our weekly Ken Behrens Quiz full of stuff about Halloween, Canberra and current affairs.
Make it a household challenge, or take it on as a team – warning, we have now updated this article with the answers at the bottom.
- Which site in Canberra used to be the Australian Institute of Anatomy and is described as ‘one of Australia’s most haunted buildings’?
- Canberran Daniel O’Malley had which one of his books turned into a TV show in the US?
- In Harry Potter, what creature do Harry, Ron and Hermione battle at Halloween in their first year?
- Which Hollywood star has made a commitment to visit the NSW town of Cowra following a local campaign?
- This week, ACT Fire & Rescue saved which famous Canberra athlete’s pet, Buddy the macaw, from a tree in Watson?
- Which Canberra musician has equaled Amy Shark with the most nominations for the 2021 ARIA Awards?
- In which popular TV show would you find Rachel Berry from William McKinley High School?
- Anna Pavlova was famous in which field of the arts?
- “They’re creepy and they’re kooky” is the opening line of which show’s theme song?
- 19, 21, 25 and the soon-to-be-released 30 are albums by which artist?
- Which supermodel is known as ‘The Body’?
- Which horror movie features villain Michael Myers?
- Halloween Town features in which 1993 film?
- Black and which other colour is associated with Halloween celebrations?
- Samhain is the name for traditional Halloween festivities in which country?
- Netflix is editing scenes in Korean drama Squid Game because viewers could see what? a) A real person’s phone number; b) a real person’s credit card details; or C) a family photo of the director?
- Corpses from Queanbeyan’s Riverside Cemetery are rumoured to have washed into which Canberra lake during a flood in 1974?
- Which country is hosting the 2021 United Nations Climate Change Conference?
- Which nation is the number-one ranked men’s Test cricket side?
- How many words end with the letters ‘gry’?
ANSWERS: Don’t peek before you’ve taken the quiz!
- National Film and Sound Archive
- The Rook
- Chris Hemsworth
- Nick Kyrgios
- Genesis Owusu
- The Addams Family
- Elle Macpherson
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- A real person’s phone number
- Lake Burley Griffin
- New Zealand
- Two: angry and hungry