When it comes to your health and that of your family, only the very best will do. Everyone deserves to have a doctor they can trust on their side — one they feel comfortable with, one they can rely on to have their best interests at heart.
What you need is a physician who is fully trained and qualified, has years of experience, comes with a stellar reputation and provides extensive medical services to the local community.
What other factors should you consider? We have some suggestions.
What makes an excellent doctor?
Addressing medical issues can put you in a vulnerable position. It’s integral that the medical practice you choose is friendly and welcoming. To help you make your next GP visit a positive one, we suggest having a checklist of the following traits:
- Qualifications and accreditations. Make sure the doctor you choose has undergone all relevant training. General practitioners are required to complete extensive university-level education before they can deliver their services.
- Kindness and compassion. There’s nothing worse than a judgemental doctor. The very best GPs take the time to understand your unique situation. They work with you on your terms to achieve optimal health and lifestyle outcomes.
- Comprehensive medical services. Maybe you don’t need to visit a GP. Maybe you need a blood test or a skin cancer check. Or perhaps you’re just looking to get a quick flu vaccination. Whatever the reason for your appointment, opt for a medical centre that provides the full gamut of services.
- Convenient location. You probably don’t want to drive too far out to visit the doctor’s office. Sometimes the best medical centre is one that’s close to your home or office, especially in case of emergencies.
- Family-oriented. If you are a parent, it might be best to choose a medical centre that’s family-friendly. Waiting room toys and kid-friendly staff can make all the difference.
The top doctors in Queanbeyan — according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
To help you find an excellent GP in the Queanbeyan region, we gathered local feedback and conducted a bit of our own research.
Now, it’s time to introduce the top three doctors in the Queanbeyan region.
The dedicated team of doctors behind Queanbeyan GP Super Clinic provides a wide range of services to the local community. This medical clinic is the largest and most comprehensive in the Queanbeyan and Canberra region — whatever medical issue you are grappling with, you will find a professional who can assist. This clinic is also open seven days a week, with extended hours for questions and treatment that just cannot wait.
Looking for a bulk-billed clinic? Riverside Medical Centre may just be your best choice. Along with their in-person appointments, you can take advantage of telephone consultations (which are also bulk-billed) with all doctors.
Rutledge Plaza Medical Centre is home to a passionate, caring staff that truly listens to their patients. Offering the full slew of medical services, family-friendly Rutledge Plaza Medical Centre is yet another top choice.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Which medical centre in Queanbeyan do you visit? Can you recommend a specific doctor? Share your thoughts and feedback in the comments area below.