You spend nearly one-third of your life in bed – but when was the last time you had your mattress cleaned?
Experts recommend cleaning your mattress every six months to maximise its longevity and promote restful sleep.
If you’re looking to rid your mattress from the dead skin, dust, allergens, and other fluids and pollutants that build up over the years, you’ve landed in the right place. We know that a top-quality, professional mattress clean can yield good-as-new results, and that’s why we are here to help you find the best mattress cleaners in Canberra.
We asked locals to share their feedback and experience, and the results are in. Discover the top mattress cleaners in the region below.
Let’s get started.
What makes a great mattress cleaner?
Whether you’re due for your six-month mattress clean, have purchased a second-hand mattress, or had a spill or accident in bed, a skilled mattress cleaner can help.
Here are a few traits we suggest keeping an eye out for during your search:
- Excellent results. First and foremost, the mattress cleaner you work with should deliver exceptional results. They should leave your mattress looking, feeling, and smelling like new.
- Use of mattress-friendly cleaning products. Standard cleaning products like harsh chemicals and steamers often aren’t suitable for cleaning mattresses – and may even void your warranty. A professional mattress cleaner uses products that kill pathogens without harming the mattress itself.
- Use of disinfectants. Removing dust and surface stains isn’t enough to kill all the germs living on your mattress surface. Look for a cleaner that whose cleaning service includes disinfecting. Some cleaners can even remove up to 99.99% of pathogens.
- Attention to detail. An eye for detail and a meticulous work ethic are critical when it comes to cleaning services. Don’t work with a mattress cleaner rumoured to take cheap shortcuts or cut corners.
- Well priced. No one wants to be ripped off. Do your research so you know what a reasonable price is.
- Friendly service. A little customer service goes a long way, and the best in the business are committed to making your experience a positive one.
- Prompt turnaround. If it’s your personal mattress that you need cleaned, prompt turnaround is a must. Fortunately, many of the region’s leading mattress cleaners offer same-day services, so your sleep won’t be disrupted.
The top mattress cleaners in Canberra according to you
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 19 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
If you’re looking for an anti-allergenic mattress treatment that rids your bed of dust mites, Capital Cleaning Canberra’s mattress cleaning service may be the solution for you. With a team of skilled and experienced technicians, Capital Cleaning Canberra claims that there is no mattress they can’t clean to its original state.
Although Electrodry is one of the country’s most trusted names in carpet cleaning, they also deliver an exceptional same-day mattress cleaning service. Their friendly team is committed to providing you and your family with a fresher, healthier sleep, and they back up their service with a 14-day satisfaction guarantee.
The dedicated team behind Clean Sleep take the headache out of cleaning your mattress by offering a professional, onsite cleaning service. Using professional equipment and eco-friendly products, they can completely eradicate spots and stains. Clean Sleep finishes their service with a long-lasting, anti-allergen treatment so that you can enjoy a comfortable sleeping environment for months.
Want to eliminate bacteria, stains, and dust mites from your mattress? Deluxe Mattress Cleaning Canberra can help. They offer prompt, effective mattress steam cleaning using environmentally-friendly products. Wherever you are in the Canberra region, the team at Deluxe Mattress Cleaning will come to you.
Did you know there’s only one type of medically-certified mattress disinfection device in the world? It’s called RemUVe, and Bright Cleaning Technique is its exclusive Canberra service provider.
Designed and developed in Australia, RemUVe is proven to kill 99.99% of pathogens known to live on mattresses. In addition to domestic use, RemUVe is widely used in hotels, aged care facilities and in hospitals. The process is dry, chemical-free and leaves no residue.
Bright Cleaning Technique’s process involves first inspecting the sleeping area for bed bugs (an apple pip-sized insect that feeds off the blood of humans). It then uses a high-powered commercial vacuum system to remove traces of dust, debris, dead skin, dried sweat, urine and other bodily fluids that are present on most mattresses. Don’t be surprised if the vacuum collects half a cup (or more!) of dust.
At this point, the mattress is clean and dust free, but not disinfected. To kill the invisible and potentially harmful pathogens left on the mattress, its team relies on the high levels of germicidal UVC emitted from the RemUVe device. The end result is a mattress that is fresh, safe and healthy to sleep on.
Who did you pick?
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback, if you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had your mattress cleaned in Canberra? Who did you work with? Share your experience in the comments area below.