Our hands are the most exposed part of our bodies, on display all year round, and so they need special care and attention. In summer, our feet are also on show, which means you want them to be looking their best as well. What is the answer? A great nail salon run by experienced and professional staff.
Have a regular manicure and pedicure and, not only will your hands and feet look amazing, but you will enjoy some pretty exciting health benefits into the bargain. Taking time out for a pampering session is something we should all do when we get the chance.
We’ve considered your feedback, and put together this list of the top three nail salons in the Canberra region. Remember, if you have had any experience with the salons listed below, let us know in the comments section.
What Makes a Top Quality Nail Salon?
Here are some things to look out for when choosing a nail salon in Canberra.
- Cleanliness. Undoubtedly, cleanliness is the most important thing to consider when choosing a nail salon. Ask yourself, is the floor clean? Are the benches wiped down? Is equipment sterilised correctly? The last thing you want is a risk of infection, so don’t be too shy to ask any questions. A professional technician will be happy to put your mind at ease.
- Experience. Like anything, the more experience you have providing nail treatments, the better they’ll be. An established salon with a good reputation is usually a safe bet.
- Qualifications. Nail technicians need to be trained correctly. It’s important that your technician has a thorough knowledge of the health and safety concerns associated with hand, foot, and nail treatments, as well as how to create a great looking finish for your fingers and toes.
- Price. Prices can vary widely from salon to salon. However, there is such a thing as ‘too cheap’ Be cautious of very low prices, as this may indicate that a salon is cutting corners.
- Friendliness. Part of a great manicure or pedicure can be a good old chat with your technician. On the other hand, if you prefer to drift off during your treatment, an experienced technician will be able to read the situation, and leave you to it if necessary.
- Relaxing environment. The relaxing massage of hands and feet can be the most enjoyable part of your treatment, and a soothing environment assists in melting your troubles away.
The Top 3 Nail Salons in Canberra
We’ve read through your stories and comments. We’ve considered your positive feedback and your horror stories. Here are our top picks for nail salons in the Canberra region.
1. Canberra Day Spa
Canberra Day Spa – recommended by commenter s-s-a – is an exclusive spa located in the city centre. Relax in a luxurious setting as you enjoy a fully customized treatment, which might include your manicure, pedicure, and perhaps a facial.
As part of their hand and foot treatment options, they offer super hydrating paraffin treatments and the classic French Polish.
2. Elegance Beauty Therapy
Looking for award-winning service in a convenient location? The long-established Elegance Beauty Therapy could be the place for you. They offer friendly and professional staff, free advice on home-care treatments, and a VIP Loyalty Card to help with the cost of keeping your hands and feet gorgeous.
From mini manicures to the indulgent spa deluxe manicure or pedicure, indulge in the extensive range of treatments.
On top of this, you will enjoy total cleanliness. Commenter jennybe175 can vouch for the salon’s good hygiene. “Elegance in the centrepoint building in civic are very good,” they wrote. “They use new files for each customer and clean their implements between each customer.”
3. Beaute 2 Suit
Beaute 2 Suit was suggested by commenter mooo-cow. “I’ve been to Beaute 2 Suit in the City, great place, it was clean and quiet without the normal strong smell. Only paid $60 and worth every cent.” A great recommendation with quality, price, and cleanliness all receiving a big thumbs up.
Add to that the city location, free paraffin mask, and nail lacquers free from nasty chemicals, and you’ve got yourself a winner. For those who haven’t been able to make it to the salon for a while, they offer a Pedicure Workout. This is an intensive treatment provided by an experienced pedicurist for feet that need extra special attention.
Your Experience with Canberra’s Nail Salons
Was your go-to salon left off the list? Share your favourite in the comments area below.