Looking to treat yourself to a pamper session? You’ll need to find a stunning beauty salon run by professional, knowledgeable, and passionate therapists.
Unfortunately, many beauty salons overcharge and under-deliver. What was meant to be a relaxing experience soon turns into an awkward, uncomfortable, expensive nightmare.
To help you get the most out of your next visit to a beauty salon, we’ve read through our readers’ feedback and put together a list of the top therapists in the region.
What Makes a Fantastic Beauty Salon?
Indulging in facials, massages, waxing, and other treatments is a great way to take time out for yourself and enjoy a break from your busy schedule. Don’t waste the opportunity on a below-par salon. Instead, look out for therapists with these must-have traits.
- A range of treatments. The best therapists offer a comprehensive range of treatments – everything from waxing and tinting, to exotic facials and stress-relieving massages.
- Expertise. The best salons hire therapists with incredible expertise. They know the ins and outs of the industry, and can tailor their treatments to meet your unique needs and preferences.
- A clean, relaxing environment. When you enter a beauty salon, you should feel immediately relaxed. Soothing music, aromatherapy, mood lighting, and luxurious fittings can help you rest and unwind.
- A welcoming, judgement-free attitude. The best beauty therapists make you feel comfortable and confident. And, their friendly yet respectful attitude minimises the risk of any awkward moments.
- Well priced. Yes, some beauty treatments can be expensive. But, when they are carried out to perfection, they are worth every dollar. The best therapists charge a fair price for their services.
Agree with our list? Is there anything else you would add?
The Top Three Beauty Salons in Canberra
After reading through our users’ comments, we have decided on our top three picks for beauty salons in Canberra.
1. La Bella Beauty Salon at Kambah Village
La Bella Beauty – owned and run by Katya Akin – is a one-stop shop for all your beauty needs. This stunning salon offers luxurious facials, effective anti-aging treatments, waxing, manicures, IPL, and more.
One of our commenters, motleychick, has been attending La Bella Beauty for years. “La Bella Beauty Salon at the Kambah Village,” she wrote. “Have been going there for years and years – Katya is amazing.”
2. Élan Boutique Canberra
Elan Boutique was a top pick among our commenters. When you see the results of their coveted beauty treatments, you will understand why.
With a commitment to the comfort of their clients, the passionate team at Elan works to create a personalised, uniquely luxurious experience. Offering a range of innovative treatments – many of which utilise the latest industry technologies – this salon is one of the most respected in the region.
Commenter LWallace had this to say. “I walked inside the other day and booked in a green peel. It was sooooo niiccee… My skin is looking awesome.”
3. Healing Hands Beauty & Massage
For a truly relaxing experience, you cannot go wrong with Healing Hands Beauty & Massage. Using indulgent ingredients and powerful botanicals harvested from the earth, the unique and unforgettable treatments at Healing Hands will leave you blissed out for hours.
Ozitsupport highly recommends this gorgeous Canberra salon. “Fantastic service, very friendly, you will not need any other beauty therapist once you have seen her.”
Your Experience with Beauty Salons in Canberra
Have you tried any of the salons listed above? Maybe your favourite therapist wasn’t mentioned. Share your experiences – both good and bad – in the comments area below.
Your feedback will help our readers discover the best beauty businesses in the Canberra region.