Want to make the best of Summer but don’t know where to start? Check out our list of 30 suggestions for fun things to do in Canberra this season:
1. Take a paddle boat for a spin on Lake Burly Griffin.
2. Buy or borrow a hammock and spend a whole afternoon reading a book under a tree.
3. Jump off the ten metre board at Civic Pool.
4. Get up super early and watch the sun rise.
5. Clean out your closet and cupboards and give anything you haven’t used in the last twelve months to charity.
6. Host a garden party and serve cucumber sandwiches and iced tea.
7. Eat a Calippo.
8. Have a water fight in the back yard.
9. Pack some cheese, crackers and wine and enjoy a romantic sunset picnic.
10. Go for a swim at the Cotter or Kambah Pool.
11. Send hand-written thank you notes to each and every person who gave you a Christmas gift.
12. Walk barefoot through the grass.
13. Take a road trip out to Braidwood and grab a sausage roll at the bakery.
14. Catch a summer blockbuster (try Big Hero Six or The Hobbit). Make sure you get a bucket-sized popcorn and Coke to complete the blockbuster experience!
15. Eat a burger and fries at Brodburger.
16. Wash your car by hand.
17. Climb up Black Mountain or Mount Ainslie.
18. Make fruit kebabs.
19. Host a margarita and board game night.
20. Take a big basket to the farmer’s market and pick up all the ingredients you need for dinner.
21. Ride down every single waterslide at Big Splash.
22. Invite your neighbours to play a game of street cricket.
23. Download an astronomy app and go stargazing.
24. Check out a movie at the Sunset Cinemas.
25. Make a flower crown from real daisies.
26. Drive out to a suburb you’ve never visited before and try out their local coffee shop.
27. Make lemonade from scratch.
28. Plant a mini herb garden in jars on your windowsill.
29. Go see a band or play you wouldn’t normally see.
30. Write all your New Years resolutions on post-its and stick them on your mirror.
How many of these items have you checked off your bucket list? Do you have anything to add?