An unlicensed teenager has been charged after he allegedly fled the scene of a motorcycle crash, leaving his pillion passenger seriously injured near Braidwood.
The 17-year-old boy was riding a motorcycle when it crashed on Stewart Crossing Road, Marlowe, 19km north of Braidwood, about 5pm on 4 October 2020.
His pillion passenger, a 31-year-old man, suffered serious head injuries.
The teenager, who was uninjured, allegedly fled the scene.
Emergency services arrived a short time later and NSW Ambulance paramedics treated the injured man before taking him to Canberra Hospital in a serious condition.
Officers from the Crash Investigation Unit are investigating.
Following inquiries, officers arrested the 17-year-old boy at a home in Bungendore about 9.35 pm the same day.
He was taken to Queanbeyan Police Station and charged with eight offences, including:
- Dangerous driving occasioning grievous bodily harm – drive manner dangerous;
- Fail to stop and assist after vehicle impact causing grievous bodily harm;
- Negligent driving (occasions grievous bodily harm);
- Driver never licensed;
- Use unregistered registrable Class A motor vehicle on road;
- Use uninsured motor vehicle;
- Rider with helmet ride with passenger without helmet,
- Not give particulars to police.
He was granted conditional bail and is due to appear at a children’s court on 2 November 2020.
Original Article published by Kim Treasure on About Regional.