Well Giralang residents, don’t get too excited about finally getting the shops mess sorted out. Objections have been lodged with the Administrative Appeals Tribunal. It might be marginally quicker to list who isn’t objecting to the new DA, but here goes
- Cotrell Pty Ltd (Lease holder of shops in the Kaleen Village Centre).
- Argos Pty Ltd (Lease holder of Gwydir Square (Kaleen) IGA Supermarket site)
- Christopher and Anthony Haridemos (IGA Kaleen Supermarket
- James Koundouris (Kaleen Supabarn)
- Mr Andrew Warry and Mrs Lee Warry (residents of Kaleen)
- Alex, Alise and Peter Vizardis (IGA Evatt)
- Stephen Button (resident of Kaleen)
- JHontell Collins (sic) (resident of Giralang)
- Belinda Heycox (resident of Giralang)
- Anthony Senti (resident of Kaleen)
All but the first applicant were lodged together by the same law firm.
For the most part I don’t disagree with the (commonly voiced) objection that the retail centre at Giralang should be the same size as it is currently. Unfortunately the Government failed to force the lease holder to either run shops or sell the site to someone who would, the end result of which has been that Woollies have are currently the only proposed tenant for the site.
We’ll have to wait a little longer to see if Giralang finally gets their shops back.