This just in which will be of interest to some of you:
Become part of a team of trained Volunteer Interpreters who help visitors at Tidbinbilla Nature Reserve and Namadgi National Park to better understand and appreciate the natural world.
Volunteer Interpreters provide information and interpretation to visitors at the Visitor Centres at Namadgi and Tidbinbilla as well as the Discovery Playground and the Sanctuary at Tidbinbilla. They interact with local and international visitors and conduct children’s activities. There is also the opportunity to assist the wildlife team at Tidbinbilla with basic animal husbandry tasks.
What is provided?
• Initial training course (10 training days over 3 months) starting July 27th 2013
• Ongoing training
• Uniform and travel allowance
• Discount and social events
• Monthly newsletters and weekly updates
• Opportunity to see behind the scenes at Tidbinbilla and Namadgi
• Daily briefing and debrief, support through CVA staff
What is required?
• A desire to learn about nature and to share your knowledge
• Time to commit to training & regular volunteering (average of 2 days/month)
• Outgoing and approachable
• At least 18 years old
Info session dates:
Wed 22nd May, Sun 26th May, Tues 28th May, Sat 8th June
Contact us at email@example.com to book onto an info session or for more information on the program.
[Photo of volunteers by Ken Thomsen, platypus by Rod Macleod]