Simon Corbell has announced a $9 million spend on cycling and walking infrastructure:
– The City cycle loop;
– Kings Avenue on-road cycle lane and off-road cycle path improvements;
– accessibility improvements to walking infrastructure in the main town centres (Woden, Tuggeranong, Belconnen and Gungahlin) benefitting visually and mobility impaired people; and
– interim off-road footpath improvements at Kingston Foreshore;
– further examination of converting sections of Bunda Street in the City and Hibberson Street in Gungahlin to “shared spaces? of pedestrians, cyclists and drivers;
– construction of a missing link between the shared paths along Tuggeranong Parkway and Melrose Drive near Chifley and,
– the provision of cycling facilities along both sides of Yamba Drive between Yarra Glen and The Canberra Hospital.