The Property Council of Australia has released its findings about which Australian cities are the most liveable.
Canberra came second, beaten by Adelaide.
Compared with other cities, Canberra performed particularly well on:
• Having a good road network and minimal traffic congestion (72% agree)
• Being a safe place for people and property (73% agree)
• Being clean, well-maintained and unpolluted (78% agree).
However, compared with other cities, Canberra performs relatively poorly in terms of:
• Being an affordable place to have a good standard of living (30% agree)
• Having a vibrant cultural entertainment scene (65% agree).
I agree with everything except the being poor at having a ‘vibrant cultural entertainment scene’. Nonsense. Sadly these results were found by interviewing Canberrans so 65% of interviewed Canberrans have never looked at our Entertainment section.
Man, Adelaide is going to be unbearable next time I see her.