Andrew Barr is making sure we all know about his capital works expenditure:
In 2012-13, the Government spent $579 million to deliver important infrastructure for the community. This is $16 million more than the outcome estimated in the 2012-13 Budget Review of $563 million.
This report demonstrates the ability of the ACT Government to deliver upon its transformative capital agenda.
With projects like Capital Metro, City to the Lake, Northside Hospital and the ACT Supreme Court in the pipeline, it is critical that the Government continues to meet its construction targets.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Achievements for 2012-13 include construction commencing on 118 projects, including:
– Majura Parkway
– Integrated Cancer Centre – Phase 2
– Tuggeranong Health Centre – Stage 2
– Gungahlin Pool
– Gungahlin Enclosed Oval – Construction of Grandstand
– ESA Station Upgrade and Relocation – Charnwood Station
133 projects were completed during the June quarter, taking the total number of completed projects for the end of year to 199 projects. These included:
– Franklin Early Childhood School
– Malkara School – Hydrotherapy Pool Refurbishment
– Canberra College Performing Arts Theatre
– New Gungahlin Health Centre
– Monaro Highway Duplication (Canberra Avenue to Newcastle St);
– Kings Highway Upgrade
– Manuka Oval – Lighting Upgrades
– Redevelopment of Kippax District Playing Fields and Restoration of Isabella Plains and Charnwood Sportsgrounds