An undressed window is like a garden without landscaping. A little barren, lacklustre, and at times an eyesore. To finish a window however is to realise the full potential of your interior – and of course, your view.
With that in mind, curtains have proven to be an excellent choice when it comes to window furnishings. They not only set the tone of a room; they also tie everything within it together.
Curtains are the ultimate interior accessory. They introduce softness, add texture, and are a point of visual interest. In addition to their aesthetic qualities curtains also offer a veil of privacy, filter light, and are excellent insulators.
But with so many choices where does one start? There are double pleats, triple pleats, and even pleats that reverse. Fabrics can be sheer, semi opaque, or completely blocked out. They can sit above the window, be recessed within, and even fully automated. Talk about options!
This is where great curtain suppliers can help. These fabric-wielding interior enthusiasts are experts in the field of window dressing. They are well versed in all styles, from classic to contemporary, and know their way around any fabric catalogue.
Moreover, the best curtain suppliers are also technically sound. As such they are across the latest innovations in smart home automation and can trouble shoot any installation.
Very well you say. So, let’s take a look at our shortlist of the best curtain suppliers in Canberra.
What makes a great curtain supplier?
The best curtain suppliers offer one-of-a-kind quality custom furnishings that look like that were made just for you. They effortlessly manage the entire process, leaving your interiors elegantly decorated for years to come. Here are our tips on how to identify the best curtain suppliers from the rest:
- Eye for design. As an aspect of interior design, curtains are just as important as paint or flooring selection. They create ambience, add interest, and make a house a home. That is why finding a supplier with an eye for design is so important. A design-savvy curtain supplier will understand your personal style and bring this vision to life. As such, look for suppliers with decorating and design credentials to ensure your new curtains remain timeless.
- Quality fabrics. When it comes to curtains, quality fabric selection has two benefits. Firstly, it produces a masterfully designed space. And secondly, it is also one that is functionally superior. The best curtain suppliers will stock a range of fabrics from all the leading manufacturing houses. They will also offer functionally sound options – such as fire retardant, blockout, and insulating fabrics. Consider your needs and look for suppliers with the fabric solutions to address them.
- Measure and quote. Seeing a beautiful swatch of fabric in the showroom is one thing; seeing them placed in your home is another. The best way to ascertain how a finished product will look is to sample the fabric at home. The best suppliers will jump at the opportunity for a home visit. It will allow them to have a better understanding of your space, needs, and to conduct a measure and quote.
- Expert installation. Even the most beautiful, billowy curtains fall will short when poorly installed. That is why it pays to do your homework as far as installation is concerned. Look for suppliers who are comfortable with all track systems, automation, and are prepared to provide guarantees. Expert installation will ensure your new curtains blend seamlessly along windows and walls alike.
- Service with a smile. When dealing with custom made products you should except nothing less than attentive service. A friendly, yet professional demeanour goes a long way to forging customer satisfaction. So, look for suppliers with a proven list of happy customers.
The best curtain suppliers in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook as well as maintaining a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Offering unparalleled construction, industry-leading quality, and a selection of fabrics from around the world, Chadwick Designs is one of the best places to purchase curtains in Canberra.
Their design lead custom range feature some of the latest innovations. From fire retardant fabrics to thermal sensing readers they have a solution to cater to any need.
Their experienced team works with you and local ACT designers to produce a one-of-a-kind product that will bring your interior to life.
Narvy Chhay shared this great review on Chadwick Designs via Google, “Hey guys, thanks for the great service and nice fit out at our new place. We love all the variations, especially our sheer and block out curtains! X”
Family owned and operated, The Blind Man Company have been servicing Canberra and surrounds for over twenty-five years. Specialising in all manner of window furnishing from blinds, curtains, shutters, and awnings they have the expertise needed to complete your interior.
Their curtains are available in wide range of fabrics, honouring all styles, and in an array of heading and tracking systems. Whatever your style, budget, and needs, their young and passionate team will find a solution that exceeds your expectations.
Mark Redding had this to say about The Blind Man Company on Google, “Would like to thank the Blind Man Company for their fantastic product and great service, would like to give the lovey Nat a huge shout out for how easy she made the whole process from start to finish. Will be using the Blind Man Company again and highly recommend them to everyone.”
The Canberra Blinds, Awning and Curtain Centre offers a large range of both indoor and outdoor window furnishings along with repairs and cleaning services all under the one roof.
Their impressive curtain selection will transform the look of your home. From classic to contemporary styles they stock an expansive range of brands to meet your aesthetic needs.
With energy saving fabrics and the latest in smart home solutions they are sure to have every window covered.
Hannah Rhee had this to say about her experience on Google, “The staff here know their stuff, prompt with their responses and very friendly. Their prices are very competitive which is surprising considering they aren’t a huge franchise business. Emily and Terry were fantastic to deal with. Highly recommend!”
Family owned and operated, Watson Blinds & Awnings is a one-stop-shop for all window coverings. With more than 50 years of experience, the experts at Watson Blinds & Awnings can help keep your home safe, comfortable, and looking fantastic all year round.
Their made-to-measure range are available in an impressive range of fabrics all backed by an up to ten-year quality guarantee. Treat your windows to a timeless and luxurious look courtesy of Watson Blinds.
Ben Herron shared this feedback on Watson Blinds via Google, “The best thing about Watson Blinds was the level of consultation. I had some very specific requirements around maximising the views from my unit when the curtains were open/stacked. The end result matched those requirements and the curtains and blinds look great.”
With over forty-five years experience, locally owned Regency Knights have been helping Canberrans select and install the perfect curtains for decades. Their window furnishing business provides custom-made curtain treatments for all manner of tastes and budgets.
Stocking a wide range of choices from leading fabric houses they can readily make to any pleat style and install along numerous tracks. Each curtain is also backed by both product and installation warranties for added peace of mind.
Hugh Davies shared this review on Google, “Prompt, professional and reliable service. Great range of material in store and kept informed along the way regarding delivery and hanging of new curtains. Minor issue was dealt with promptly, courteously and we were highly satisfied with their overall service. Would recommend them and use them again.”
If you’re looking for more information on curtain suppliers in Canberra, you might like our article on the best interior designers, or perhaps our article on the best outdoor blind and awning suppliers Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with curtain suppliers in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the curtain suppliers listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.