Hoping to purchase a property in Pambula? Perhaps it’s your first dream home. Perhaps you’re upsizing or downsizing. You might even be an investor.
Regardless of the reason, buying a property inevitably means working through the loan maze to secure the best option. This can be stressful and time consuming.
With so many factors at play, including the size of mortgage you need, the price of your property, your income and debt load, it’s no surprise that many Australians opt to work with a top-quality mortgage broker.
Many mortgage brokers offer their services free-of-charge, earning a commission from the lender you choose. They can guide you through the ins and outs of what lenders offer and help you from your first application all the way to settlement.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a mortgage broker and share where to find the best in Pambula.
What makes a great mortgage broker?
Choosing the right mortgage broker can help fast-track finding the right mortgage. It can also take the stress out of what can be an emotionally draining experience. Great mortgage brokers help you work through the complicated mortgage maze.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a mortgage broker in Pambula.
- Qualified and licensed. Choose a mortgage brokers who has the right credentials. Check that they’re qualified and licensed. Also check if they hold an Australian Credit License or Credit Representative status, as required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. You’ll find a lot of this information online.
- Range of products. A quality broker has access to and can compare an excellent range of lenders and products. This means they can compare different mortgages and source the best one for your needs.
- Availability. The last thing you need when sourcing a mortgage, is a broker who is too busy to take your calls. Ask your mortgage broker how busy they are. Also ask how quickly they will return your calls and emails.
- Fees and commissions. Some mortgage brokers charge for their services, but others offer services free of charge. This is because mortgage brokers get a commission from lenders. Talk to your mortgage broker about fees, commissions and any other charges, so you’re not caught off guard.
- Industry affiliation. The most reputable brokers are affiliated with reputable, leading industry bodies. Membership indicates they follow ethical practices and adhere to strict codes of conduct. Check for memberships with associations like the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia.
The best mortgage brokers in Pambula
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
Quick and stress-free service. That’s the type of mortgage broking services Heffernan Lending Solutions offers clients. Mortgage brokers do the heavy lifting to support clients by researching the hundreds of loan products available on the market and finding the one that best suits, as quickly as possible. Heffernan Lending Solutions is a family owned and operated business.
Julie DanzeyKirk wrote on Google, “Heffernan Lending Solutions provided us with exceptional, professional advice and service. Would highly recommend them to take the headache out of mortgage and refinancing.”
The professional, experienced mortgage brokers at Clarity Home Loans support clients to find, apply for and secure a loan, with the minimum fuss. That includes first-time buyers, those moving to another home, investors and retirees.
Laura Whiting wrote on Google, “Before we were even ready to start properly looking to buy, we were able to sit down and go through the whole process with our broker, how every step of the process worked, and how much we could comfortably borrow. This gave us great confidence …”
For more than 25 years, the qualified brokers at Mortgage Choice have guided clients through the complicated home loan application process. The team offers easy-to-understand, expert advice, all at no cost to clients. Mortgage Choice in Bega performs to the highest standards.
On Google, Anneliese Wong wrote, “As a first-time home buyer, it was reassuring to be guided through the process, with plenty of sound advice along the way … Completely removed the stress of hunting for the right mortgage.”
The team of mortgage brokers at Mortgage Choice, servicing Merimbula and Bega, supports clients of all types looking for a property loan. They research options, handle paperwork, answer all questions and save clients time and money.
Stephen Hall wrote on Google, “Alan is a lifesaver when it comes to finance! He has helped us refinance multiple times and guided us through a property sale and purchase … he takes all the guess work out of finding the right loan for your circumstances.”
If you’re looking for more information on financial support, you might like our articles on the best financial planners, best tax accountants, and the best conveyancing lawyers that Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with mortgage brokers in Pambula
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the mortgage brokers listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.