Hoping to purchase a property in Wagga Wagga? Perhaps it’s your first dream home. Perhaps you’re upsizing or downsizing. You might even be an investor.
Regardless of the reason, buying a property inevitably means working through the loan maze to secure the best option. This can be stressful and time consuming.
With so many factors at play, including the size of mortgage you need, the price of your property, your income and debt load, it’s no surprise that many Australians opt to work with a top-quality mortgage broker.
Many mortgage brokers offer their services free-of-charge, earning a commission from the lender you choose. They can guide you through the ins and outs of what lenders offer and help you from your first application all the way to settlement.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing a mortgage broker and share where to find the best in Wagga Wagga.
What makes a great mortgage broker?
Choosing the right mortgage broker can help fast-track finding the right mortgage. It can also take the stress out of what can be an emotionally draining experience. Great mortgage brokers help you work through the complicated mortgage maze.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing a mortgage broker in Wagga Wagga.
- Qualified and licensed. Choose a mortgage brokers who has the right credentials. Check that they’re qualified and licensed. Also check if they hold an Australian Credit License or Credit Representative status, as required by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission. You’ll find a lot of this information online.
- Range of products. A quality broker has access to and can compare an excellent range of lenders and products. This means they can compare different mortgages and source the best one for your needs.
- Availability. The last thing you need when sourcing a mortgage, is a broker who is too busy to take your calls. Ask your mortgage broker how busy they are. Also ask how quickly they will return your calls and emails.
- Fees and commissions. Some mortgage brokers charge for their services, but others offer services free of charge. This is because mortgage brokers get a commission from lenders. Talk to your mortgage broker about fees, commissions and any other charges, so you’re not caught off guard.
- Industry affiliation. The most reputable brokers are affiliated with reputable, leading industry bodies. Membership indicates they follow ethical practices and adhere to strict codes of conduct. Check for memberships with associations like the Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia.
The best mortgage brokers in Wagga Wagga
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and Facebook and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on Google.
The owner of Country Finance Solutions, Scott Billington, has over 18 years’ experience in the finance field. As an expert and licensed mortgage broker, Scott offers high-quality, personal service and flexible lending solutions. Country Finance Solutions has access to over 20 providers and saves clients time and money.
Nick Grentell wrote on Google, “Scott was great, and he helped us get back on track and ready to buy our new house.”
Jade Freeburn is a mobile mortgage broker at Mortgage Choice, which services clients in Wagga Wagga and the Riverina District. Providing trusted advice and specialist guidance, Jade supports clients with their first home, refinancing or investment loans.
On Google, Sophie Dinning wrote, “Jade helped us purchase our dream property with an excellent interest rate, as well as an investment property. Jade was professional, and available for question. He was also prompt in getting back to us with anything required.”
Finance by Jess offers quality mortgage brokerage services for clients in Wagga Wagga and surrounding areas. Founder Jess provides extensive support and has superior knowledge, ensuring clients get the most appropriate loan at the best rate.
Jess Drury wrote on Google, “As a single mum I wasn’t sure I would be able to buy a house but the time and effort that Jess put into me and my dreams got me to the point where I’m celebrating my new home this week …”
The professional, experienced mortgage brokers at Clarity Home Loans support clients to find, apply for and secure a loan, with the minimum fuss. That includes first-time buyers, those moving to another home, investors and retirees.
Laura Whiting wrote on Google, “Before we were even ready to start properly looking to buy, we were able to sit down and go through the whole process with our broker, how every step of the process worked, and how much we could comfortably borrow. This gave us great confidence …”
Aussie Wagga Wagga is committed to finding customers the right loan at the right time. The mortgage brokers at Aussie Wagga Wagga use industry leading software to search through hundreds of loans from lenders and banks. The firm services surrounding areas also.
On Google, Callan Weir wrote, “Rebecca and Tim were exceptional … We were purchasing our first house and knew little about the process, but Tim worked very hard to make sure we got the loan.”
If you’re looking for more information on financial support, you might like our articles on the best financial planners, best tax accountants, and the best conveyancing lawyers that Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with mortgage brokers in Wagga Wagga
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the mortgage brokers listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.