Conder take away blaze

johnboy 16 October 2013 1

ACT Fire & Rescue has extinguished a fire at the Conder take away food outlet, Lanyon Market Place, Sidney Nolan Street, Conder.

Fire began in a cooking vat.

Approximately 150 people have been evacuated from the shopping centre as a precaution.

Crews are currently checking for any fire spread in the roof space.

Three pumpers are on scene with the Breathing Apparatus Van, the Hazardous Materials Unit, the Bronto Skylift Hydraulic Platform and two command officers.

Update to follow

3:10 PM

At this stage there appears to be no fire spread in the roof space.

Damage contained to cooking area only.

Crews are currently conducting ventilation and air monitoring operations.

The shopping centre remains evacuated at this time.

ACT Ambulance Service intensive care paramedics have assessed one patient for smoke inhalation.

Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 2.23pm.

3:30 PM

ACT Fire & Rescue are about to depart the scene.

Occupants have been permitted to return to the shopping centre.

4:44 PM

[Courtesy ESA]


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with
One Response to Conder take away blaze
Filter
Order
andym andym 5:47 pm 16 Oct 13

OMG The chips!

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top

Search across the site