A dental emergency doesn’t always happen within business hours, and some emergencies can’t wait. If you need the services of an emergency dentist, you’ll want one that is available, fast, safe and affordable. Dental pain can be frightening and painful, which is why you need prompt attention from a highly qualified dentist to ensure the best outcome.
In this article, we’ll outline the qualities to consider when choosing an emergency dentist, and share where to find the best in Canberra.
What makes a great emergency dentist?
Choosing the right emergency dentist can put you out of your dental misery as fast as possible with quality care.
It can be helpful to keep the following in mind when choosing an emergency dentist.
- Availability. When you’re in pain, you want to call a dentist and be treated as quickly as possible. Some dentists reserve some slots during the day for emergencies. Some are available after hours. Before you face a dental emergency, find out what emergency services your dentist offers.
- Affordability. Facing a dental emergency shouldn’t automatically mean you have to pay through the teeth, especially if your emergency occurs during normal business hours. Ask what your dentist’s fee structure is for emergency services.
- Friendly and professional. In a dental emergency you’re usually stressed and in pain, so you’ll want a dentist who is calm, friendly and professional.
- Technology. Modern dentistry practices invest in state-of-the-art technology to provide the best level of dental care, including in emergencies.
- Honest advice. In a dental emergency, you’ll want honest advice on how to fix your problem as quickly as possible. Your dentist should be open and honest about what needs to be done, on a temporary and permanent basis. They may also need to send you to a specialist.
The best emergency dentists in Canberra
RiotACT’s editorial team has combed through 20 years of on-site comments to compile a list of the most recommended businesses according to you.
To be listed in our Best of Canberra series, each business needs to have consistently received positive feedback on RiotACT and maintain a minimum average of 4/5 stars on both Google and Facebook reviews.
Family dental care with a gentle touch is what patients receive at Dickson Park Dental Surgery. This family dental practice provides high-quality after hours and emergency dental care. With five dentists on hand, Dickson Park Dental Surgery also provides general dentistry, cosmetic dentistry, dental implants and more. Effective sleep apnoea treatment is also available. Open Monday to Saturday.
Jess Tsimeris wrote on Google, “Reasonable prices, very experienced and friendly.”
Molonglo Dental Surgery strives to set themselves apart from other dental practices. Professional dentists deliver highly precise and clinical – yet personalised – dental care in a comfortable environment. Molonglo Dental Surgery has flexible opening hours, staying open on weekends and into the evening, as well as 24-hour emergency services. It also has flexible payment options and effective ways to reduce dental anxiety.
On Google, Justin Hatch wrote, “Amazing after-hours service … recommend anyone needing a dentist to give them a call.”
Village Dental, in Kambah Village Shopping Centre, provides superior dental services, including prevention and oral health. Dentists foster positive patient relationships based on trust and personalised service. Village Dental offers emergency appointments every day within opening hours (Monday to Saturday).
On Facebook, Jenny Wellington wrote, “I highly recommend Village Dental. I had neglected my teeth for years and went to get them cleaned. They transformed my teeth … I feel like a new person!”
If you’re looking for more information on dentists in Canberra, you might like our articles on the best dentists, best bulk billing dentists, best cosmetic dentists, best teeth whitening services, best orthodontists and best Invisalign orthodontists Canberra has to offer.
Your experience with emergency dentists in Canberra
Thanks to our commenters who have provided insightful feedback. If you believe we have got it wrong, please let us know.
Have you had experience with any of the emergency dentists listed above? If so, share your feedback in the comments below.