Private full-day gourmet Canberra winery tour including a Truffle Farm truffle hunt and truffle degustation lunch.
Join Jayson and Australia’s best truffle dog team on an exhilarating truffle hunt experience. Jayson will expertly guide you through everything you’ve ever wanted to know about truffles. Feel the rush of excitement as you join the hunt for the elusive black truffle through the forest of 6,000 oak and hazelnut trees. The truffle hunt is followed by a decadent, six-course, truffle degustation lunch prepared by 2-hat chef Damian Brabender of Otis dining. This is followed by a tour of 3 celebrated Canberra wineries.
The truffle season on runs throughout winter. These gourmet experiences sell out far in advance!
- 9.00am – Depart your choice of location in the Canberra region
- 9.30am – Truffle Farm truffle introduction
- 10.00am – Truffle hunt with the truffle dog team
- 11.00am – Truffle degustation lunch and wine
- 12.30pm – Mt Majura wine tasting with small cheese and charcuterie board
- 2.00pm – Gallagher Wines wine tasting with matching house made cheese and pickles
- 3.00pm – Brindabella Hills wine tasting
- Arrive back in Canberra 5.00pm
Truffle hunt and wine tours depart at either 9 am Saturday, Sunday and some Mondays.
What: Van Du Vin Gourmet Canberra Winery and Truffle Tour
When: Saturday, Sunday and some Mondays during winter, from 9 am.
Where: Depart from your choice of location in the Canberra region.
Cost: $450 to $525 per person, see prices and request a booking.