ACT Policing is issuing a warning following the accidental drug overdose by a man yesterday (Tuesday, May 14).
A 52-year-old Florey man was located by a family member about 4am unresponsive. Around 6am the man passed away at Calvary Hospital.
The wife of the deceased was also admitted to Calvary Hospital and remains in a stable condition. She is believed to have overdosed on the same substance.
ACT Policing is investigating the death and a capsule has been seized and analysed.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
Detective Superintendent Brett McCann said he is concerned there may be more capsules out there.
“It is quite possible more people in the community have these drugs in their possession and we would not like to see anyone else die from an overdose.”
“The capsule is described as red and white in colour, containing a white powder. Initial analysis reveals the capsule to be amphetamine,” said Detective Superintendent McCann.
If anyone has information about this incident, or any type of illicit drugs in Canberra, they are urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or via www.act.crimestoppers.com.au.
[Courtesy ACT Policing]