This has been updated for October 2018
Proper garden upkeep can take a huge amount of time. But if we let it go to the wayside, our backyards can become overgrown with weeds and other nasties.
To combat this, many Canberra residents invest in gardening services, whether that be something as straightforward as mowing, or more involved like plant selection. Either way, sourcing a reliable gardener that charges a fair price can be a challenge.
After reading through our local readers’ feedback, we’ve come up with this list of the top three gardening services in Canberra. If you’ve had experience with any of these companies, please share your story below.
Let’s get right to it.
What Makes Top-Quality Gardening Services?
Hiring a gardener can be pricey – but when the job is done to professional standards, it’s worth every penny.
When looking for a top-quality gardener in the Canberra region, we suggest keeping an eye out for the following positive traits.
- Experience. The more practice a gardener has, the better their services. The best gardeners have seen it all before, and have the skills and equipment to overcome any challenge.
- Knowledge. If you need a gardener that can help resurrect your outdoor space with new plants and landscaping services, opt for someone with extensive knowledge. That way, they can help you purchase the right plants, ensuring your garden thrives for years to come.
- Reliable. As with any service, you want a reliable company that shows up on time, every time. And no dodgy last-minute cancellations!
- Friendly and professional. The gardener you decide on will come to your house. It is essential they treat you and your home in a professional and respectful manner, while maintaining a positive, friendly attitude.
- Fairly priced. Gardening and other outdoor services are seriously hard work, but that doesn’t mean you should spend a small fortune. The best gardeners charge a fair price for the services they provide.
- Comprehensive services offered. It’s a wise idea to hire a gardener that offers comprehensive services – that means, more than mowing and weeding. You never know when you might need something more advanced.
The Top 3 Gardeners in Canberra
We’ve read your comments, we’ve considered your feedback, and here is our list of the top three gardeners in the Canberra region.
1. Branch Out Canberra
Introducing Canberra’s newest professional gardening service provider, Branch Out Canberra. Matt and his friendly team specialise in hedging and pruning as well as small tree removal, and a variety of other gardening services.
Branch Out Canberra is a local family business that prides itself on free timely quotes, fair prices and attention to detail.
RiotACT commenter RHW wrote, “Matthew returned my call within an hour or so and arranged to come and give me a quote the same afternoon. He arrived promptly and we spent at least 30 minutes walking around the garden and discussing all that needed to be done. Without hesitation I am happy to recommend Matthew for any minor or heavy work pruning, trimming trees and shrubs.”
Branch Out Canberra is available for work year-round, even through the Christmas period. You can contact Matt on 0405 031 390.
2. Escape Gardens
If your garden needs a complete redesign, Escape Gardens could be the choice for you. After working in garden centres in the Canberra region, owner Chris realised there was a serious need for expert horticultural and design services.
Escape Gardens can help you discover the most suitable plants and plant placement for your garden, ensuring your outdoor space looks fantastic, and is easy-to-maintain.
Commenter YoungAndVocal has heard good things about Escape Gardens. “Coming onto the bandwagon a little late, but I heard about escape gardens a little while ago,” they wrote. “From what I have heard they can offer advice and source suitable plants.”
3. Brian’s Home and Garden
Prepping your home for sale or rent? Brian’s Home and Garden specialises in getting properties’ outdoor spaces in tip-top condition ready for the property market.
In addition, Brian offers all general garden maintenance.
One commenter, Jazz, had this to say. “Brian Welsh from Brian’s Home and garden has just cleaned up my place. Faced with completely overgrown back yard I decided on the prudent option to outsource and go to work instead. Was blown away by the result in just a day and a half. A genuinely nice guy too.”
Your Experience with Gardeners in Canberra
Have you used any of the gardeners above? Or maybe you have another go-to. Share you experience below.