ACT Fire & Rescue are currently investigating a report of smoke within the Manuka Greater Union cinema, and have now located the source of reported smoke inside the Greater Union Cinema.
Approximately 150 people have been evacuated from the building whilst fire crews conduct investigations.
An electrical fault inside the building’s switch-board appears to have been the cause.
Power to the building has been isolated.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
[UPDATE : 10.45pm]
ACT Fire & Rescue have completed investigations into the report of smoke within the building.
Crews are preparing to depart the scene shortly.
Cinema patrons have not yet been able to return to the building due to a power outage which will be dealt with by Cinema Management.