From Canberra cafes and local sport, to music and birdlife, there’s plenty to test your knowledge in this week’s Ken Behrens Quiz.
Make it a household challenge, or take it on as a team. Warning: this has now been updated with the answers at the bottom. Don’t peek!
- A mural created by urban artists Phibs and Beastman, recently painted on the side of 35 Lonsdale Street, is a teaser for what new Canberra festival in 2022?
- Which river was dammed to form Lake Burley Griffin?
- Who won the formerly gendered ARIA Award for Best Artist this week?
- New Parliament House was designed to be shaped like two of what objects?
- The shoulder and hip are examples of what type of joint?
- What’s the minimum age to get a learner driver’s licence in the ACT?
- Bec, Fly, Heath and Edge are all TV characters that went to which famous coastal school?
- Worldwide Candle Lighting Day is on Sunday, 12 December. Elton John’s Candle in the Wind was written about which celebrity?
- Where in Canberra will you find the Free Fall slide and Earthquake House?
- Titan and Robbie are moneymaking robots in which Canberra building?
- What are the smallest and largest suburbs in Canberra?
- How many cannabis plants per household can you legally possess in the ACT?
- True or false: Tasmania comprises less than one per cent of Australia in surface area?
- Golden, sea and bald are all species of which bird?
- Which music festival has boasted Lorde, Flume, Gang of Youths, Peking Duk, Chvrches, Kirklandd and The Wombats as part of its lineup?
- How many ARIA Awards did Canberra’s Genesis Owusu win last week?
- CBR Brave and the now-defunct Canberra Knights are playing an exhibition game this Saturday, 4 December, to celebrate the anniversary of 40 years of which sport being played in the ACT?
- National Cookie Day is on Saturday, 4 December. What colour is Cookie Monster from Sesame Street?
- In which Canberra suburb will you find Highroad, Sfoglia Patisserie & Cafe and Trevs?
- Which Australian national team’s official nickname is The Mighty Roos?
1. Surface Urban Art Festival
2. Molonglo River
3. The Kid LARIO
5. Ball and socket joint
6. 15 years, nine months
7. Blue Water High
8. Marilyn Monroe
10. Royal Australian Mint
11. Kambah (largest) and Oxley (smallest)
15. Spilt Milk
16. Four (Best Cover Art, Best Independent Release, Best Hip Hop Release and Album of the Year)
17. Ice Hockey
20. Australian Ice Hockey team