House fire extinguished at Farrer

Canfan 17 May 2014 5

Firefighters have extinguished a fire at a Farrer home on Hawkesbury Street.

The four-bedroom home was unattended at the time of the fire and discovered when the resident arrived home.

Cause of fire deemed to be from a battery operated appliance.

Fire damage to the furniture in the room and minor damage to the ceiling space. The remainder of the house sustained smoke damage.

Time of Emergency Triple Zero (000) call 2.10pm.

(ESA Media Release)


What's Your Opinion?


Please login to post your comments, or connect with
5 Responses to House fire extinguished at Farrer
Filter
Order
Roundhead89 Roundhead89 7:32 pm 20 May 14

cranky said :

That would be Hawkesbury CRESCENT. Gees, is it that hard to get it right?

There occasionally seems to be a conspiracy to change crescents to streets. I remember around ten years ago a new sign was put up at the end of our street saying ST instead of CR or CRES. That was then picked up by Telstra which put that in our phone book listing. A few months later I was about to complain to Planning when the sign was changed. I phoned Telstra and had the phone book listing corrected and we had our proper address back.

cranky cranky 7:18 pm 20 May 14

That would be Hawkesbury CRESCENT. Gees, is it that hard to get it right?

stormboy stormboy 2:21 pm 20 May 14

Ok, fair enough. I don’t mean to split hairs, but isn’t it strange to call a laptop an appliance.

switch switch 12:50 pm 20 May 14

stormboy said :

Well its got me buggered what type of ‘battery powered appliance’ could start a fire.

Google “lithium battery fire.” And then remember that virtually all laptops use them…

stormboy stormboy 12:21 pm 20 May 14

Well its got me buggered what type of ‘battery powered appliance’ could start a fire.

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

 Top
Region Group Pty Ltd

Search across the site