Skip to content Skip to main navigation

News

Chamberlains - complete legal services for business

Kambah house fire

By johnboy - 29 September 2013 4

A family had a lucky escape this morning from a house fire in Kambah.

The residents were woken at 3:17 by a passer by who noticed their Cooke Street home was alight.

All five occupants safely self evacuated and raised the alarm.

ACT Fire & Rescue responded with multiple units who extinguished the blaze which caused extensive fire and smoke damage to an outside pagola area and several internal rooms.

The initial estimated damage bill is $100,000.

The cause will be investigated.

5:58 AM

[Courtesy ESA]

Tags

What’s Your opinion?


Post a comment
Please login to post your comments, or connect with
4 Responses to
Kambah house fire
gooterz 12:48 am 01 Oct 13

Makes you wonder why they don’t put fire detection systems in homes by default!

Surely there is better than the rusty 9V job?

LSWCHP 9:01 pm 30 Sep 13

Jesus…but for someone (probably drunk, but hoo cares) walking down the street, all of those people would be dead.

A tragedy averted.

steveu 3:10 pm 30 Sep 13

Gerry-Built said :

thank god for passers by with a sense of common-sense… well done for thinking to check on/wake the residents!

+1

Lucky there were on the street that time of the morning too. Glad no one was hurt.

Gerry-Built 12:36 pm 30 Sep 13

thank god for passers by with a sense of common-sense… well done for thinking to check on/wake the residents!

Related Articles

CBR Tweets

Sign up to our newsletter

Top
Copyright © 2017 Riot ACT Holdings Pty Ltd. All rights reserved.
www.the-riotact.com | www.b2bmagazine.com.au | www.thisiscanberra.com

Search across the site