ACT Fire & Rescue have extinguished a small kitchen fire in an apartment in Oliver Street, Lyneham this afternoon.
Crews were alerted to the fire by a neighbour who called Triple Zero (000) after noticing smoke issuing from the apartment.
Firefighters arrived on scene and forced entry into the apartment to find food stuffs left cooking unattended in the oven.
Firefighters removed the food stuffs and are now ventialiting the apartment.
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
ACT Fire & Rescue would like to remind the community to ‘don’t stop looking while you’re cooking’.
Time of Triple Zero (000) call 1:00pm.