It’s Monday, and that means I have to dig through the GAZILLIONS of photos you guys have sent in.
If you are one of the few people in Canberra who have not sent me a parking photo this week and would like to, email us your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include the word ‘parking’ in your subject and let us know what you’d like to be credited as.
1. Ryan is going to kick us off this week:
Weekly NewsletterEvery Thursday afternoon, we package up the most-read and trending RiotACT stories of the past seven days and deliver straight to your inbox..
The grey car is parked in a taxi zone, the maroon car is ok because it is only half in a no stopping zone
2. Alex has been keeping his eyes on the Garbos:
Garbage truck is parked across empty spots while hopeful drivers wait. Only a four minute wait, but a working man needs his coffee, right?
3. Reprobate spotted this enthusiastic shopper:
I took this last Thursday at the Hyperdome. The NSW rego’d Golf GTi was parked beside motorcycle parking spaces and in front of the trolley ramp, with heaps of vacant proper parks around.
4. Peter found these close friends:
Taken this afternoon (Monday 15 April, ~17.30) on Bunda St
Notable for two items:
– that the two small cars are in one space; and
– the green car has diplomatic plates, so its not just the local bogans, its foreign ones as well
4. A different Ryan noticed this ute with personal space issues:
The south side has some ‘winners’ in the good parking sweeps also.
5. ThisIsAName has been staking out the ADFA car parks:
I spotted this cluster of parking attempts all in a single section of
an ADFA carpark. May you enjoy 🙂
This one was from Easter, taken sometime around the late afternoon if I recall properly. Despite there being some spare spots, both these avoided the ‘No stopping sign near a corner to utilise some larger “parking space”
6. Allen sent us this collection:
Mum’s Taxi perhaps?
Yep, parked across the driveway, love a challenge while I drive haha
Do morons travel in packs?
I’m sure they tried their hardest… Judging by the amount of damage on this car, driving definitely isn’t their thing .
Parked for 40+ minutes in the drop off zone at the airport, a ticket well earned
Pretty epic effort, free carparks to the right but he parked it there and went on inside.
Majura dons house . I’m on fire haha
Out the side of gungahlin college… Awesomeeeee effort
7. An anonymous Rioter sent us this magnificent park:
This d-bag parked in the narrowest bit of a street in Crace.
8. Kate caught this great piece of Government parking:
This was taken this morning in our Parkes car park, creative parking is not an uncommon sight in the parliamentary triangle!
9. Poptop has been doing an extensive study into hospital carparks:
My contributions to Bad Parking Monday – from the little parking lot outside the Walk-in Clinic on Sunday morning. Apparently parking signs don’t count at the hospital.
10. Anonymous managed to find the time to catch us this shot:
From the Alive gym in Narrabundah. There were lots of awesome efforts this morning but I was running late for a class and only had time to snap one of them. We were tempted to squeeze our little car in next to it just for giggles but decided that would only screw over well-parked Bluey.
11. Flyinghurts is brought down by this shot:
Parking earnst and young carpark style.
One of the worst parks I’ve seen in that carpark
12. Dilandach gives this park an F:
This was in the underground parking at gungahlin, the A on the wall is for row ‘A’ and certainly not ‘A’ for parking effort.
13. Milkknife has an odd name, and has spotted an odd park:
Belconnen Mall – Saturday Afternoon, 4:30pm… A Smart Car that can park anywhere does not make it smart to park anywhere.
14. John spotted this classic style poor parking effort:
Blind commissioner was at the national museum. Another great car parking attempt by a local.
15. Brian gave us this pretty picture:
16. Jason found his path blocked:
This is why we can’t have nice footpaths – Woden Sunday morning market
17. Mothy was unimpressed with this terrible driver:
This one was spotted at the Zoo on April 6th. Champion had blocked the footpath in the middle of the carpark because they couldn’t be arsed parking further down the car park where there were 10+ spaces available. Meant dodging traffic with the pram for the length of the carpark rather than being able to use this path to cut through.
18. Finally our great and illustrious leader Johnboy came across this park during his nightly crime-fighting patrols of Dickson: