Finding a sport that is right up your kid’s alley has been made easier with a new tenpin bowling program designed specifically for primary school children rolling into Canberra.
Australia’s only national junior tenpin bowling program, Bowl Patrol, will run weekly classes over eight weeks during the school term at Zone Bowling Tuggeranong and Belconnen.
The program will get the ball rolling on 1 and 2 August, teaching young kids the fundamental skills of the sport and improving coordination and balance. The junior-aimed coaching is held in over 25 locations across Australia and for the first time ACT will join the program.
Tenpin Bowling Australia CEO Cara Honeychurch said it is an ideal program for boys or girls of all abilities where they can have fun and learn the basic skills of the sport.
“Bowl Patrol has been developed to focus on skill development, along with creating a sense of achievement, socialisation and teamwork all critical elements of successful junior participation programs,” Ms Honeychurch said.
“Most importantly children get to have plenty of fun in a safe environment with the program delivered by trained facilitators to ensure they can knock down as many pins as they can.”
The program caters for six to twelve year olds of all abilities by changing the length of the lanes, shortening the length of a game and providing opportunities each week for children to move to a more challenging level.
For more details or to register your child, click here.
- EIGHT WEEK PROGRAM: 60-minute sessions once per week.
- ON THE MOVE: Maximum of three kids per lane so they are always active.
- SHORTENED LANES: Modified length to match the ability of each child.
- SHORTENED GAMES: Five-frame games (half a normal game) to keep children focused.
- CHALLENGING: No bumpers or ramps used to ensure skill development.
- SIX LEVELS of ACHIEVEMENT: Progression based on skill, not age.
- MODIFIED SCORING: Simplified scoring designed for kids.
- LANE RANGERS: Program delivered by trained facilitators.
- REWARDING: Recognition of individual achievements and progress.
- INCLUSIVE: A program for all children including those with physical or intellectual disabilities.