NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service has released a new, free mobile app, providing park visitors with information and maps at their fingertips to help improve their park experience.
With information on over 225 national parks and hundreds of things to see, do, and places to stay, it’s the ultimate NSW parks guide for your phone.
Users can download park information and maps when they’re at home, then access it when in a national park, even with no internet access or mobile reception, providing a modern alternative to a park brochure or map.
The app is easy to use, with a contemporary, creative design and an intuitive user interface. Users can enjoy these key features of the new NSW National Parks app:
- Download maps – Download maps and information before visiting a park, then access it while in a park, even if there’s no reception, internet or Wi-Fi.
- Discover things to do – Explore the area like a local by finding things to do, close to a chosen location. Check where toilets, picnic areas and other facilities are located, as well as find out about accessibility.
- Find nearby parks – Utilise geolocation features to find parks and attractions close by, as well as further afield to better plan a trip on the go.
- Find places to stay – Browse and locate campgrounds, cabins, homesteads and cottages in the surrounding area, all at a glance.
- Save your favourites – Add and remove favourite parks, activities and accommodation spots to quickly access favourite things to do and see in national parks at the touch of a button.
For more information, click here.