Post-religious singer-songwriter Evan Buckley is set to lead The Burley Griffin for The Maneki Sessions this Thursday. The series has been running for a number of months now and each iteration sees local artists taking up residence in the lamplit interior of Queanbeyan’s Infidel Studios. Recorded and filmed with love by some of the best media operators going around, this online event is an atmospheric escape into the mind of each act that takes part.
Canberra’s newest Pixies tribute act, Death To The Pixies, is taking to the Smith’s Alternative stage on Thursday night with Black Cypress in tow. Later in the week, Smith’s will play host to We Mavericks and an iconic Drag Cabaret, continuing the trend of intimate shows taking place at the Sydney Building venue.
It’s a good week to be a jazz aficionado with a string of gigs taking place around the city. Old Hands & Young Guns at the National Press Club on Friday is your chance to catch Canberra’s up-and-coming jazz students performing alongside the pros. Molly and Hippo have kept to their weekly jazz nights throughout the pandemic and that’s set to continue this week as well.
- Wednesday Lunchtime Concert @ Wesley Music Centre – 12:40 pm
- Old Timey Wednesday @ Smith’s Alternative – 4:00 pm.
- Mitch Canas Live & Karaoke @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 5:00 pm
- Enter Death to the Pixies & Black Cypress @ Smith’s Alternative, 7:00 pm
- Blues at The Basement @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- The Maneki Sessions: The Burley Griffin – 8:00 pm
- Molly House Band @ Molly – 9:30 pm.
- Live Music @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 5:00 pm
- NFSA Virtual Vinyl Lounge – 5:30 pm
- Dinner with Jack Biilmann @ The Well – 6:00 pm
- Old Hands & Young Guns @ National Press Club – 6:00 pm
- Parallel Lines, C.B. Ramones, AstroZombies @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- We Mavericks @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:30 pm
- Roger Bone Band @ Austrian Australian Club – 7:30 pm
- Blue Tone Specials Duo @ Harmonie German Club – 8:00 pm
- Spring Has Sprung @ Rose Cottage – 8:00 pm
- FEEL ft Enschway @ Fiction – 9:00 pm.
- Lucy Sugerman @ Old Canberra Inn – 2:00 pm
- Drag Cabaret @ Smith’s Alternative – 5:00 pm
- Mitch Canas @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 5:00 pm
- Woden Valley Youth Choir: Never Too Small – 7:00 pm.
- Father’s Day Beers and Live Music @ Rodney’s Nursery & Garden Centre – 10:00 am
- Father’s Day @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 1:00 pm
- Guyy @ Old Canberra Inn – 2:00 pm
- Chillin at the Shed @ Artists Shed – 2:00 pm
- CGT @ Bentspoke Cannery – 3:30 pm
- Open Mic Cabaret @ The Basement – 6:00 pm.
- Lunchulele @ Smith’s Alternative – 12:30 pm.