The Basement in Belconnen is set to host a genre-bending night of live music this Friday. Melting Pot: Folk vs Rock is a celebration of a wide range of talented artists, from the reggae-infused trio Kopasetic through to the raucous punk rock of The Dirty Sunflowers and everything in between.
Smith’s Alternative is changing the way we think about live music in the city by offering up multiple performances per night for their popular sit-down shows. Doctor Stovepipe and The Fuelers are both taking to the Smith’s stage this week, with three show options throughout the night to choose from.
Canberra’s experimental arts festival You Are Here have seen a number of changes in recent years, pivoting from a full-blown festival model to a more developmental focus that nurtures a contingent of artists as they explore new works and concepts. This week sees two such projects coming to fruiting, with Sia Ahmad’s A Body Full Of Tears on Sunday and Claire Granata and Benjamin Drurys’ Time For Sleep 2.0 on Friday.
- Chris Harland Blues: Lunchbox Acoustic @ Garema Place – 12:00 pm
- Wednesday Lunchtime Concert @ Wesley Music Centre – 12:40 pm
- Old Timey Wednesday @ Smith’s Alternative – 4:00 pm
- Live Jazz @ Molly – 6:00 pm
- Musical Bingo @ Hopscotch – 7:00 pm
- Transista Groove @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:30 pm
- Karaoke Night @ 88mph – 8:00 pm
- The SunBears @ Hippo – 8:30 pm.
- Alister Price: Lunchbox Acoustic @ Garema Place – 12:00 pm
- Chicago Charles @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 5:00 pm
- Monica Moore Duo @ National Press Club – 6:00 pm
- Karaoke @ Boardwalk – 7:00 pm
- Electronics For Dogs @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:00 pm
- Drinking Lizards @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- Molly House Band @ Molly – 9:30 pm.
- The Smorgasbroads: Lunchbox Acoustic @ Garema Place – 12:00 pm
- Time For Sleep 2.0 by Claire Granata and Benjamin Drury @ 32 Mort Street, Braddon – 2:00 pm
- Steve Amosa @ Hopscotch – 4:00 pm
- Acoustic Fridays @ Hotel Kurrajong – 4:30 pm
- The Acoustic Yak @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 5:00 pm
- Ned Philpot @ Public Manuka – 5:00 pm
- Dinner with MCKY @ The Well – 6:00 pm
- Jess High @ National Press Club – 6:00 pm
- Kopasetic, The Dirty Sunflowers, Moonstriders, Beau Sykes @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- Rodeo Clowns @ Austrian Australian Club – 7:30 pm
- Bang One In with The Fuelers @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:30 pm
- Bang One In with The Fuelers @ Smith’s Alternative – 9:00 pm
- Lighthouse Live Music @ The Lighthouse Pub – 9:00 pm
- Hip Hop Takeover ft Ebony Boadu (Triple J) @ Fiction – 9:00 pm
- SEAN from the H-Cee Family @ PJ O’Reilly’s – 9:00 pm
- Bang One In with The Fuelers @ Smith’s Alternative – 10:30 pm.
- Rumshack & Black Cypress @ Smith’s Alternative – 3:00 pm
- Cat-a-touie @ Public Manuka – 6:30 pm
- Red Hot Chili Peppers, Nirvana and Chris Cornell Tribute @ The Basement – 6:30 pm
- Doctor Stovepipe @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:00 pm
- Bec Taylor School of Music Community Rock Showcase – 8:00 pm
- Emma Pask @ Canberra Theatre Centre, The Link Bar – 8:00 pm
- Doctor Stovepipe @ Smith’s Alternative – 8:30 pm
- Rhythm & Girl @ PJ O’Reilly’s – 9:00 pm
- Doctor Stovepipe @ Smith’s Alternative – 10:00 pm.
- Sunday Session @ Lanyon Homestead – 11:00 am
- CBS September Blues Jam @ Harmonie German Club – 1:00 pm
- Jason Hart @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 1:00 pm
- Chillin’ at the Shed @ Artists Shed – 2:00 pm
- Maitres de la Composition @ Wesley Music Centre – 2:00 pm
- Vessel Jam Jar @ Crossroads – 2:00 pm
- Live Music Sundays @ Edgar’s Inn – 3:00 pm
- A Body Full Of Tears with Sia Ahmad @ Haig Park – 3:00 pm
- Music Chats: How To Make A Record @ Smith’s Alternative – 3:30 pm
- Canberra Uncut: Paint Store, Deputy Chief Wardens, Kilroy @ sideway – 5:00 pm
- Basement Reggae Fest @ The Basement – 5:00 pm
- Sunday Session @ Molly – 7:00 pm
- Johnny Huckle @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:00 pm.