The historic Old Canberra Inn is celebrating the return of live music with their OCI Blues Fest this Saturday. Expect to catch some of the city’s finest blues and blues-adjacent artists in Ali Penney Trio, Chris Harland Blues Band, James Southwell, Jeff & Deej, Moondog, Reverend Bones and Sunbears as they take to the stage throughout the day.
The Basement is holding a mini-festival of their own on Friday night. The inaugural Cohen Street Bash is gathering together four acts from Canberra’s punk and DIY music scene. Welly, dog name, Parklands and Box Dye will be helping the Belconnen venue kick off this gig series.
The Polish White Eagle Club in Turner is set to play host to Sophie Edwards‘ EP launch this Saturday night. The singer-songwriter has tapped Lucy Ridge & The Derby Widows and Sam Sly to support as she celebrates her five-track release ‘Feel Again Soon’.
- Lunchbox Acoustic: Kim Yang @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- Wesley Lunchtime Concert @ Wesley Music Centre – 12:40 pm
- Old Timey Wednesday @ Smith’s Alternative – 4:00 pm
- Smith’s Varietal #181 @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:00 pm
- Bird’s Nest Presents: J.E.P. Trio @ Blackbird Canberra – 7:30 pm
- James Southwell & Kim Yang @ boardwalk – 7:30 pm
- Pro Jazz Jam @ Molly – 8:30 pm
- Lunchbox Acoustic: Lachlan Coventry Duo @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- sideway Band Night: Enfants, NORA, Gin On The Rocks @ sideway – 6:00 pm
- Live & Local: Woodface @ Harmonie German Club – 7:00 pm
- Silentia @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- Wayne Kelly & Greg Stott @ National Press Club – 7:00 pm
- Thursday Jams with Keys For Two @ Blackbird Canberra – 7:30 pm
- Bourbon Street Late Night Jazz: Rhythm Capital @ Molly – 9:30 pm.
- Lunchbox Acoustic: Beau Sykes @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- Smith’s Irish Jam @ Smith’s Alternative – 5:00 pm
- Loosen Up: Hot Foot @ Lonsdale Street Cafe – 5:00 pm
- Bird’s Nest Presents: 19-Twenty, Nina Leo @ Blackbird Canberra – 5:00 pm
- Live Music @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 6:00 pm
- Phoenix Collective Quartet & Jacqui Dark @ Wesley Music Centre – 6:00 pm
- Cohen Street Bash #1: Parklands, Box Dye, dog world, Welly @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- Greg Stott Trio @ National Press Club – 7:00 pm
- Phoenix Collective Quartet & Jacqui Dark @ Wesley Music Centre – 7:30 pm
- Walking Deads: Talking Heads Tribute Show @ Harmonie German Club – 7:30 pm
- The Leisa Keen Band @ The Glen – 7:30 pm
- Band Beng Bing Bong Bung @ Smith’s Alternative – 8:00 pm
- Muesli, Flowermarket, Tori Nikias @ Polish White Eagle Club – 8:00 pm
- Moondog @ Dickson Taphouse – 8:00 pm
- STUN! A Queer Variety Show @ Boardwalk – 8:00 pm
- FEEL ft Motez @ Fiction – 9:00 pm.
- OCI Blues Festival @ Old Canberra Inn – 12:00 pm
- Music on the Greens @ Kambri Lawns – 12:00 pm
- Smith’s Spring Series: The Fuelers @ Smith’s Alternative – 2:00 pm
- NYASH! Afrobeat Ska @ Gang Gang Cafe – 4:00 pm
- Marcella Fiorillo Piano Studio Recital @ Wesley Music Centre – 4:30 pm
- A Salute To Cliff Richard & The Shadows @ Harmonie German Club – 6:00 pm
- Welter @ Smith’s Alternative – 6:30 pm
- Goese, Highland Light, Betty Alto @ Gang Gang Cafe – 7:00 pm
- Live Music @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 7:00 pm
- A Night of Rock: Marky Worthington, NTT, Matriarch, The black Souls, Dead Lazarus, Taliesin @ The Basement – 7:00 pm
- RESONATE with Reezy @ Subsdance Dance Studio – 7:00 pm
- William Crighton: This Is Magic @ The Street Theatre – 7:30 pm
- Sophie Edwards EP Launch w/ Sam Sly, Lucy Ridge & The Derby Widows @ Polish White Eagle Club – 8:00 pm.
- Ahlan wa Shalan @ Smith’s Alternative – 12:00 pm
- Music on the Greens @ Kambri Lawns – 1:00 pm
- Smith’s Spring Series: Humdinger @ Smith’s Alternative – 3:00 pm
- Special K solo @ The Glen – 3:00 pm
- Music Chats: The art of booking a great gig @ One22 – 3:30 pm
- Josh Veneris @ Dickson Taphouse – 4:00 pm
- Hope Wilkins @ Old Canberra Inn – 4:00 pm
- Trash Springfield, Jordan Kenny, Nick Mackey, Blood Blossoms @ sideway – 4:30 pm
- Morris, adelaidethegirl, Monica Engel @ Gang Gang Cafe – 6:00 pm
- Jordan Thomas Band @ Molly – 6:00 pm
- Justin’s Musical Singalong @ Smith’s Alternative – 7:00 pm.
- Lunchbox Acoustic: ANU Chinese Classical Ensemble @ City Walk – 12:00 pm
- Lunchulele @ Smith’s Alternative – 12:30 pm
- Victoria K, Cameria, Hellz Abyss, Hit n Mizz @ The Basement – 7:00 pm.