Ainslie + Gorman Arts Centres continue their Ainslie Salon this weekend with an evening of daring and exploratory sounds. American-Australian electronic outfit Liars will be joined by percussionist and composer Bree van Reyk in the Ainslie Arts Centre Main Hall this Saturday.
Canberra Theatre Centre has gone all out for this year’s Reconciliation Day Eve Concert, pulling together a lineup of some of the most respected and talented acts in the country. Christine Anu, Electric Fields, Briggs, Jem Cassar-Daley, Caiti Baker and Pheno will all be on hand to ring in the public holiday on Saturday night.
Also on Saturday, catch the Brass Knuckle Brass Band and pianist Wayne Kelly collaborating for a post-election jazz party in Jazz at the End of the World at Smith’s Alternative.
- Luncbox Acoustic: Jeff & Deej @ City Walk – 12 pm
- Wednesday Lunchtime Concerts @ Wesley Music Centre – 12:40 pm
- Old Timey Wednesday @ Smith’s Alternative – 4 pm
- Mobius Immprov Jam @ Transit Bar – 7:30 pm
- As Famous As The Moon @ Hippo – 8 pm
- Pro Jazz Jam @ Molly – 8:30 pm.
- Lunchbox Acoustic: Mina-Siale @ City Walk – 12 pm
- Jazz Singers Jam @ Smith’s Alternative – 7 pm
- SW Band Night: HYG, Smart Casual, Spouse @ sideway – 7 pm
- Lyn Bowtell @ The Front – 7:30 pm
- Matt Katsis @ Blackbird – 7:30 pm
- The Jamza Fiesta @ Transit Bar – 9 pm
- Bourbon Street Late Night Jazz @ Molly – 9:30 pm.
- Monica Moore & The LCBs @ City Walk – 12 pm
- Wayne Kelly Trio @ National Press Club – 6 pm
- Smith’s Silly Songs Soiree @ Smith’s Alternative – 7 pm
- Campbell’s Ramble @ Blackbird – 7 pm
- Glitoris, Lulu and The Tantrums, Raising Ravens @ The Basement – 7 pm
- Socialites @ The Glen – 7 pm
- Live Music @ The RUC – 7:30 pm
- SoSo, 51st Avenue, Bad Lunar, Nelly Nova @ Polish White Eagle Club – 8 pm
- Thyme @ Canberra Irish Club – 8 pm
- Timothy Patterson @ The Dock – 8 pm
- Moondog @ Dickson Taphouse – 8 pm
- Hip Hop Takeover @ Fiction – 9 pm.
- CHBB @ Old Canberra Inn – 2 pm
- Canberra Men’s Choir @ Harmonie German Club – 2:30 pm
- Il Bruto, Ros Romeos Oxidados @ Smith’s Alternative – 3 pm
- Renae Stone @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 6 pm
- Liars, Bree van Reyk @ Ainslie Arts Centre – 6:30 pm
- Liniment & Long Leads: A Reclink Community Cup Event @ Gang Gang – 6:30 pm
- Guitar Case Troubadors @ The Glen – 7 pm
- Llewellyn Choir: Light Eternal @ Wesley Music Centre – 7 pm
- Harry’s House Album Launch Party @ The Basement – 7 pm
- The Rivers @ Smith’s Alternative – 7 pm
- Dan Millane @ The Dock – 8 pm
- Highline, Satin Cali, Gold Blum @ Polish White Eagle Club – 8 pm
- Choomba @ Fiction – 9 pm
- Jazz at The End Of The World @ Smith’s Alternative – 9:30 pm
- Bend and Snap: A Queer Party @ sideway – 10 pm.
- CHS pres. John Talabot @ Black Mountain Peninsula – 11 am
- Barb B @ Magoo’s Cafe & Bar – 2 pm
- Tori Chard @ The Dock – 3 pm
- Kath & Ross @ The Glen – 3 pm
- Vocal Student Showcase @ Smith’s Alternative – 3 pm
- Custard @ The Basement – 4 pm
- Diploid, Optic Nerve, Blight Worms, Thantu Thikha @ sideway – 5 pm
- Reconciliation Day Eve @ Canberra Theatre Centre – 6:30 pm
- Sonu Nigam Live In Concert with Symphony Orchestra @ Llewellyn Hall – 6:30 pm
- Black Cypress, Weasey @ Smith’s Alternative – 7 pm
- Lazy Ghost, Rum Jungle, Big Wheels @ The Basement – 7 pm
- Moondog & Friends @ Blackbird – 8 pm
- Razzle Dazzle: Long Weekend Live Jazz @ Molly – 9:30 pm.
- Lunchulele @ Smith’s Alternative – 12:30 pm.